The locking nuts for the E/A and D/G strings are working fine, but the B/E string one, whenever I un-tighten it, it gives this loud *clack*. Any idea what's wrong? Is my neck possibly cracked?
sure its not the string making that noise? my high e does that when i tune it sometimes
maybe its from the pressure being released when you loosen it cause you tighten it a little when you tune with the fine tuners?
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Lube the bolt with some graphite or WD 40 on a rag or something and see if it still does it. I know the sound you mean, you may just be over tightening it and it makes that noise when you loosen it, I doubt the sound is caused by anything "bad"
f your penis keeps dipping in the toilet water........just toss it over your right shoulder...
Quote by bortbort
Lube the bolt with some graphite or WD 40 on a rag or something and see if it still does it. I know the sound you mean, you may just be over tightening it and it makes that noise when you loosen it, I doubt the sound is caused by anything "bad"

Phew, I'll try that. I feared worse, thanks a lot guys.
Thats no big deal, it could be that there's a significant tension difference on each side of the nut, and it'd equilized when the nut comes loose, clicking. Or a rusty nut, you never know.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/