I never really thought about strings too much but I know that they definitely make a difference in your sound. What brands do you guys use/recommend?

I just pick up Ernie Ball or D'addario, cuz that's all the local store really carries. What are some of the brands that I'm missing out on?
Ernie Ball owns...stick with them.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
I'm a d'addario guy myself, but might try ernie ball soon. Elixirs... they do what they advertise, but you may find that they hurt your tone, and you might have to open up the slots on your nut some if you're using a high gauge (mainly acoustics here).
elixir are the best strings money can buy.
theyd be perfect if they weren't so damn expensive.

i use ernie balls usually
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by AlienAngel
I'm a d'addario guy myself, but might try ernie ball soon. Elixirs... they do what they advertise, but you may find that they hurt your tone, and you might have to open up the slots on your nut some if you're using a high gauge (mainly acoustics here).

to this guy and to everyone else in my opinion dont use ernie ball...i think they suck...i think the tone is bad on them and they break all the time....i would just stick with d'addario. i have had the same set on my guitar for over 6 months and not a single break...the tone is still great too!....and Elixers are also awsome!...the onlything that i think is not good on them (for acoustic) is the thickness of them because of the webbing on them...i use the lightest guage they have for them and i think they are a little too thick but the tone and playability is great
Never had a problem with d'addario strings, but I hear great things about DRs, so might try some of them next.

I've tried strings from Ernie Ball, GHS, D'addario and DR, and I'm sticking with these. It's all just preference, really.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál