are they as good as EMGs? better? for those who don't know, they are Semour Duncan's Active Pickups, and come in one pack for about $170 online.

apparently have more highs, mids, and lows than emgs, less hum, and don't have problems around crt computer monitors and fluorescent lighting.

anybody tried/heard them?

i'm looking for some new high gain humbuckers to go in my RGA121.

Blackouts
Gear:
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric
The people I know that have em really seem to like them and say they sound much better than their old EMGs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
They've got really good responses among the few people who have installed them.

I get my pair in a week or two. Can't wait for those and cnt wait for the standard sized seven string models to come out
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
i have them in one of my jacksons...huge upgrade over emg's....tons of bottom end..very good for metal....cleans arent too bad...just a great sound overall
as far as i know there is no pickup brand called "Demour Duncans". Phail.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Everything I've ever heard about them says they're better than EMGs.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
ya might want to have a look at the DiMarzio D-Activators, they're passive pickups with an output signal that matches the EMG actives, except that because they are passive you get so much more depth and detail in the tone.
Quote by twinturboaudi
what does "phail" mean?...i keep seeing it..

sigged!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by TheDriller
ya might want to have a look at the DiMarzio D-Activators, they're passive pickups with an output signal that matches the EMG actives, except that because they are passive you get so much more depth and detail in the tone.

id like to know the scientific reasoning backed up by real specifications for this purported "much more depth and detail" in passive pickups.
Quote by TehJermie

so now that uve got that out of ur system....how bout telling me what it means
Quote by forsaknazrael
I wouldn't buy actives for your guitar anyway...You've just got a Roland Cube, it's not gonna drive it right, like it would drive a good tube amp.

+1

Quote by twinturboaudi
so now that uve got that out of ur system....how bout telling me what it means

I really hope english is your second language.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Yeah they're said to be less sterile sounding than EMG's, i personally love the 6 string versions, they sound great.

Im more psyched about the 7 string versions though, i can see a cheap RG7321 with them in sometime.
nevermind...i looked it up...sorry...never spelled fail with a "ph" to express the seriousness of failing....ha...wtf is going on?
Sppelling f with ph is common in "internet slang" if you want to say it in a "funny" way. Like saying No wai! instead of no way!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
not in the usa....this is the first time ive seen it...but new things are always cool...........but anyway

get the blackouts....u wont be disappointed....i play those and a schecter exotic star and the blackouts are def a darker sounding pickup...more metal..much more gain...id still pick my exotic star over them though...but those arent active
do you reckon you can do the 18v mod on the blackouts?

i don't know wether to change the order on my custom AGAIN to get them

i've heard they're less sterile than EMGs but EMGs with the 18v mod are supposed to be less sterile so...
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
i've just sent in a request to change the spec (this is the 3rd time i've made a change, i'm such a pain in the ass lol)

i just figured that with an EMG 81 +85 set i'd just sound like everyone else so i might as well go with something new and these sound like an improved EMG

+ dino's tone on the new divine heresy album is siiiiiiiiiiiiick
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
well as u know...he's using the blackouts.....and just so u know...alexi has also made the switch