Hello, UG:

My name is Alex Perkins, and I'm a 15-year old Junior at MacArthur High School in Irving, Texas. I've been looking for a band to join for quite some time: Getting tired of playing by myself. I've been playing guitar for quite some time (basic acoustic for about 4-5 years), but I've been playing electric for about 18-20 months (almost two years).

I'm a decent guitarist. I'm not some teenage guitar prodigy or anything like that, but I can hold my own- I can play pretty much anything that's not a solo, but with a bit more experience, I'm sure I play solos relatively well.

I've been really influenced by bands such as Avenged Sevenfold, Lamb of God, My Chemical Romance, Tool, Chiodos, Low Battery, and many more. I'm looking for a band that's mainly into metalcore, screamo, post-hardcore, hard rock, anything similar to those genres.

I want a band that's willing to collaborate with one another and create songs with ideas from every member. I want a band that's not afraid to have fun rocking out on stage. I want a band that's not embarrassed to jump around. I want a band that's about the music. I want a band that has fun, but then again, I want a band that's serious about what they do but loves doing it.

If needed, I can do a bit of screamo/metal vocals, but I really enjoy playing the guitar, so it's either me with guitar alone, or me with vocals/guitar, but I won't do just vocals.

My gear is pretty much just basic stuff: a guitar, an amp, a distortion pedal, and... well... that's it. I'll soon be getting new humbuckers and a couple more pedals in the near future.

Gear:
  • Schecter Synyster Standard Guitar
  • Crate GX-212 Combo Amp
  • Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal

Send me an e-mail or a private message here on UG if you think that I might be a good candidate as a rhythm/lead guitarist for your band.

Also, check out my Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/rockerkid1527

~Alex (AKA SchitzoJoe)
I don't have any nifty things to stick here, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

Pancake Bunny
Last edited by SchitzoJoe at Sep 25, 2007,
im interested, cept i live in california. you ever come out here hit me up
Member of the Guitarists Born in 1990 Club. PM Gibson_God11 to join

Member of the I have every metallica album and I love it!
club. PM BDR_23 to join

www.myspace.com/shepherdjoe

X
Awh, sorry buddy. :P

Don't think I'll be goin to Cali anytime soon.

Anyone else?
I don't have any nifty things to stick here, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

Pancake Bunny