Can anyone in the great pit of UG explain to me what people mean when they say "life is short?" I really dont understand how it can be short when its the longest thing that you can do right.

so please explain.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
It means that the universe has been around for billions of years and you're life occupies a very small part of it, so you should live it to the fullest.

Kind of corny right?

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
well it just feels short...

like you've done all this awesome stuff, and then you can just look back and its all just a memory ya know?
Quote by Lord_Of_Dance.

I never understood why a girl would take a boner as a bad thing "Oh no, your attracted to me, you sick wanker." :\ x

Quote by Nelsean
Im saying this the straightest way possible, but...

I'd have sexual intercourse with your anus.
Quote by screamsoftly
It means that the universe has been around for billions of years and you're life occupies a very small part of it, so you should live it to the fullest.

Kind of corny right?

damn
that's exactly what I was going to say
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
In the grand scheme of things, life is short.

Most buildings in some cities are older than an average human's lifespan. Thus, life is short.
haha
If you have a chance to do something, do it, because you might not get another chance.

Lame, but that's what it means.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I think once u get older, you might feel that life is short.

Maybe due to the fact that your old an senile, you've lost most of your memory so it feels like you haven't lived much.

but yeah seriously, life IS short, seize the day, live for the moment, grab life and anal sex it!
haha, well thanks guys. i understand what people use it for, i just think its kind of a dumb expression. cuz when you really think about it life is the longest thing you can do.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
S hit man I'm 18 already. not too old not too young. I can remember stuff from pre-school. Everything seems like it was just a dream and I remember very few parts. Its crazy to think how much time flies. Just last year was my last year of Highschool and it went like that. (Snaps fingers.)

Time really goes by and you don't seem to notice it. I was thinking the other night that, before i know it its already night. not due to the shorter days thing but time is just flying by.
some people like sports.
i like tits.
Life is short compared to eternity.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Carpe Diem! Latin for seize the day, live life like there is no tomorrow, dont miss out
okay im still gettin the same answers... i kno wut its used for just why is it used? its a dumb expression. im not talking about how short it is in eternity. its the longest thing in an indiviuals life so its not short in that relativity.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
you are just a worthless product.. wen you get expired, you'll just get replaced. you are nothing. period.

so...

try to sell?
Quote by Headbanger_1
okay im still gettin the same answers... i kno wut its used for just why is it used? its a dumb expression. im not talking about how short it is in eternity. its the longest thing in an indiviuals life so its not short in that relativity.

Its basically used to get people off their ass and do something productive. Because you never know what tomorrow brings. Tomorrow was never promised.
some people like sports.
i like tits.
thats suck a stupid way of looking at it... you are prolly only 14 or 15, just wait a few years, you will understand the expression when tis too late and your sitting in a retirement home.
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
Quote by Headbanger_1
haha, well thanks guys. i understand what people use it for, i just think its kind of a dumb expression. cuz when you really think about it life is the longest thing you can do.

Not if the chupacabra breaks into your room while you sleep and rapes you after killing you.

Tomorrow Never Knows (i love that song but doesn't relate ). There could be a shooting at your school tomorrow morning. Tomorrow the president of Iran is coming to Columbia University, 2 minutes away from my school. I could get bombed tomorrow!

We all wished we could accomplish all our dreams (cheesy) but sometimes you have to sacrifice once-in-a-life-time moments that when you turn 80 you'd say "**** why didn't i....)
Quote by Pabli7o
Not if the chupacabra breaks into your room while you sleep and rapes you after killing you.

Tomorrow Never Knows (i love that song but doesn't relate ). There could be a shooting at your school tomorrow morning. Tomorrow the president for Iran is coming 2 minutes from my school. I could get bombed tomorrow!

We all wished we could accomplish all our dreams (cheesy) but sometimes you have to sacrifice once-in-a-life-time moments that when you turn 80 you'd say "**** why didn't i....)

i just laughed at the chupacabra word.. lol.... then i stopped lolling.
Quote by Pabli7o

Tomorrow Never Knows (i love that song but doesn't relate ). There could be a shooting at your school tomorrow morning. Tomorrow the president of Iran is coming to Columbia University, 2 minutes away from my school. I could get bombed tomorrow!

i love that song too my life philosophy is kind of around that now actually. Such a poignant song considering he died so tragically young. You heard Michael Hedges version..he died young tragically too.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klIUhHDpGU0

'then one day you find, ten years have gone behind you. no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

BANG.....GO!!!!
Last edited by ibanezed at Sep 23, 2007,
Quote by Archaon
I can name one thing longer than life...

...MY PENIS LOLOL

It was better than my joke....
Life is short because the age limit is 120. Which is a long time and the only way to fully enjoy those 120 years is to stay in the best shape ever. But don't take every chance you get, because not everything is worth it.

What are you living for? And is it worth dying for? Just remember, our life on earth is short, and judgment is coming for all, whether you believe it or not. Jesus loves you man, and if you like the idea of having a more abundant life, I would seek your friendly neighborhood Christian on how to receive a life of joy. =]
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
It was better than my joke....

Actually, that wasn't too bad. At least yours had some kind of observation.

But thank you both.
Quote by Leat
Life is short because the age limit is 120. Which is a long time and the only way to fully enjoy those 120 years is to stay in the best shape ever. But don't take every chance you get, because not everything is worth it.

What are you living for? And is it worth dying for? Just remember, our life on earth is short, and judgment is coming for all, whether you believe it or not. Jesus loves you man, and if you like the idea of having a more abundant life, I would seek your friendly neighborhood Christian on how to receive a life of joy. =]

I would rather lead a life without false religious indoctrination thanks. Would you believe in christianity if your parents hadnt shoved it down your throat?. Think not.
Quote by ibanezed
I would rather lead a life without false religious indoctrination thanks. Would you believe in christianity if your parents hadnt shoved it down your throat?. Think not.

There's no need to be a smartass and ridicule someone because of their religious beliefs.

****, we get it, you kids are atheists, no one gives a **** and no one thinks you're intelligent for not believing in a God.
Quote by Archaon
There's no need to be a smartass and ridicule someone because of their religious beliefs.

****, we get it, you kids are atheists, no one gives a **** and no one thinks you're intelligent for not believing in a God.

F*cking brilliant.
Quote by Archaon
I can name one thing longer than life...

...MY PENIS LOLOL

hehe i lol'ed

anyway, life is short in comparison to the vast expanse of time. It basically means you should live life to the full, like everyone else has said.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
some might argue, and i'm not one to take this view, but it's a reasonable one, that the fact that life is short is a reason not to sieze the day, because when you look back, it will all just be a memory. you won't care what you did, because no matter how great it was, it's still just a memory, and you still feel like you've wasted all your time.