Im sellin' my S470, so that'll give me a good $400. I was looking at guitars in the range that were HSH, and I found the RG350. I know the trem is known to cause problems, so I was thinking of making some customizations of it.

- Dimarzio Norton in the bridge
- Dimarzio Breed Neck in the neck
- Both pickups zebra colored
- New knobs, white Strat volume knob, black for tone
- I will block the trem, and later on swap in an OFR

Overall I think it would turn out nice. Would I still be able to get really low buzz-less action with the bridge it has?
If you're going to invest in an OFR, you might as well save up for a Prestige with an Edge Pro. Then it's just an extra $120-200 for the pickups. Knobs shouldn't cost you anything really.
Or go to the bay shoppin' for a 570. Gonna cost you less too...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Whats wrong with your s470? It's a way better guitar than the Rg350
My Gear:
Epiphone LP Black Beauty (2007)| Washburn WM24K (2008)| Ibanez Iceman IC300 (2003)| Ibanez GRX40 (2004) w Gold Lace Sensors| Roland Microcube| Marshall G10MK.II Amp| Zoom G2.1u| BOSS Metal Zone

Yes, I am a simple guy.
Quote by areola

+1

and plus the ZR trems are orgasmic!
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by areola
Them's true words as well.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
dont go with the 350. I own one and its 'just not it'. Saving up for something else is a better plan.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
I dislike my S because of it's size, it just feels small and fragile.

I've played an RG350, and it felt nice and didnt feel small. I love the look of it too.

The Ibby Prestige guitars are nice but none of the colors really suit me. Sure buying guitars isn't about how they look, but if im pouring $400+ into a guitar i'm going to make sure I at least like how it looks.
I get what you mean. I too like the RGs but due to the trem I got severely discouraged from buying one. You should see your options between the prestige and the RG350 with upgrades. If you think the RG350 with the upgrades are worth it then go for it. Keep in mind that spending that much equally on a prestige has better built with a cooler neck.
My Gear:
Epiphone LP Black Beauty (2007)| Washburn WM24K (2008)| Ibanez Iceman IC300 (2003)| Ibanez GRX40 (2004) w Gold Lace Sensors| Roland Microcube| Marshall G10MK.II Amp| Zoom G2.1u| BOSS Metal Zone

Yes, I am a simple guy.
Frankly, buying a new 350 and upgrading it is just economically unsound. If you can pick one up for $200, then yes, it might be worth a shot. But getting one for a full price and trying to make a better guitar out of it is just silly.
Quote by pifty
Frankly, buying a new 350 and upgrading it is just economically unsound. If you can pick one up for $200, then yes, it might be worth a shot. But getting one for a full price and trying to make a better guitar out of it is just silly.

agreed. "false economy" springs to mind.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, spending $300 on a new 350 would make no sense. I don't really want to say it, but BC Rich has come out with some really good guitars for around $500. You can get an Assassin for $530 with an ofr, Rockfield Pickups, and amazing quality. Might be a stretch for you, "Ibanez Lover", but it is worth a shot.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I can spend $400-600.

I would love my S if it was twice as thick and hd about half an inch added around the body, and medium-jumbo frets instead of jumbo.
Quote by TJM2482
I can spend $400-600.

I would love my S if it was twice as thick and hd about half an inch added around the body, and medium-jumbo frets instead of jumbo.

So you essentially want an SA?
Quote by pifty
So you essentially want an SA?
I was interested but I feared it would fall victim to the "Ibanez disease", where my S is small SZ's are insanely small, pretty much anything Ibanez seems built for a 9 year old.

Is the SA the size/thickness of a regular Strat? If so i'll definitely look into it.
Quote by TJM2482
I was interested but I feared it would fall victim to the "Ibanez disease", where my S is small SZ's are insanely small, pretty much anything Ibanez seems built for a 9 year old.

Is the SA the size/thickness of a regular Strat? If so i'll definitely look into it.

The SA is about the thickness of a normal superstrat. Or a strat to that matter. You have a GSA, it's similar if not the same.

As far as small Ibanez guitars, I have no idea what you're talking about. The S is thinner than a strat, yes, but it's not really smaller. Lookie:

And the SZ has the same size as S, only the thickness of a Les Paul pretty much. If that's small to you, then you need a sense calibration.
how bout a used 550/570?
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
Quote by TJM2482
Anyone have any size comparison pics of SA's and Strats/S/RG's?

Im thinking of trying this out: http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBASAS36FM

You have a GSA60, according to your sig. All SAs have the same exact body shape. The SAS will, in addition to that, have an excellent neck joint which feels pretty much like a neckthrough.

The SAS series are some of the nicest Korean guitars I've tried.