What is a good amp head to plug into my peavey bandit 112? i am such a noob with amps you have no idea i have a feeling that i shouldnt even be plugging an amp head into that amp i dont know lol please help me.
"If i had my own world...I'd build you an empire"
i really dont think you should do that... unless that peavey is a cab... which i know for sure is a combo. It already has a head attached to it. That's why tell call them combos: Head+Cab combined....
dude just go buy your $4000 guitars, and keep playing it through that bandit and your still gonna sound like $#iT!!! so why dont you instead of buying another $4000 guitar spend that money on a good amp to help out the tone of that guitar!
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
dude just go buy your $4000 guitars, and keep playing it through that bandit and your still gonna sound like $#iT!!! so why dont you instead of buying another $4000 guitar spend that money on a good amp to help out the tone of that guitar!

Why did you tell him that? Now his parents will have to shell out for several handwired Marshall-stacks.
^

MG or Line 6 Halfstack?
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
That Bandit is a very good-sounding solid-state amp. I wouldn't mess with it. You can't really plug a head into another amp unless the head has a line-out, and even if it does the head needs to have its own speaker or you could ruin the head. Plugging the speaker out of the head into the Bandit will destroy one or both amps (especially if the head is tube.) If you want to use the speaker of the Bandit with a head you will have to disconnect the Bandit and wire the speaker to the head. It will work if the speaker ohms match the head's ohms, but the output of the head is too strong (probably) and you will be in danger of blowing the speaker, even at low volumes. Cheaper to by another combo (preferably tube.)
Yeah, as it's been stated, You really shouldn't use a combo as a cabinet. If your looking at amps and want a Tom Delonge sound, you should know (which I'm sure you already do) that Tom uses Mesa Triple Rectifiers. However, that is a 150 watt tube amp which means it's LOUD, and you need to crank it to get a good tone out of it. If your not in a band, look at some smaller tube amps. I know mesa has that express amp, I'm not sure if it gets rectifier tones, but it more than likely will. With tube amps you would really never need 150 watts. In fact you would never really need more than 50. If you really want to use a halfstack, I would recomend getting the Mesa Single Rectifier. It's 50 watts and more power than you'll ever need.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
I thought you had a dual recto? Play that. Problem solved. Unless you don't have a cab for it, then you're even more of an idiot then i thought.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Plugging your head into a combo amp will probably blow up both of them unless the head has a line out like its been stated. The new Mesa Express are very good, though it can't quite get Recto tones. i would check out the EVH 5150III Halfstack, or Mesa Triple Rec. like its been suggested. However, I think a Line 6 Vetta II Combo would be excellent for what you need.
Quote by eddiehimself
I thought you had a dual recto? Play that. Problem solved..

That's what I was thinking. It's supposed to be damn near perfect.
Seriously, i'm doubting whether you deserve a £2000 guitar if you play it through anything other than a legendary amp.
Quote by eddiehimself
I thought you had a dual recto? Play that. Problem solved. Unless you don't have a cab for it, then you're even more of an idiot then i thought.

i use the bandit as my practice amp the dual recto is too loud for regular playing
Quote by -AvA-
i use the bandit as my practice amp the dual recto is too loud for regular playing

There's something called a volume knob
^haha
well said besidesdude honestly though its just wrong to play an expensive guitar through a crappy amp and the recto does have a volume knob

also tom delonge doesn't really play guitar for AVA that much all he does is sing from what i saw
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
^ that's because he's such a poor guitarist.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
^ i have to agree with you on that one

playing semi hollows on mesa's that just asking feedback "come on i'm bending over just **** me over already"
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
As everyone else here is being assholes, and having read your apology thread, I'll try and give you a hand. However, first you'll need to say style, budget, gear, and the kind of tone you're going for
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
why must people criticize me so much i admited i dont know anything about amps like leave me alone already im sorry i dont want to use my mesa dual recto all the time god you dont need to bug me about it. Lets let this thread die since people seem to ignore my question and just find posts on it to say something bad about me...you tell me not to waste my money so i ask your opinion and i ask for help and you just insult me for not using the volume knob on my amp...like seriously stop criticizing me already i get the point you dont like me or my guitar choices or my amps
Quote by gagnerants
you are the weakest link good bye

...dont i get to use a lifeline?
Quote by -AvA-
why must people criticize me so much i admited i dont know anything about amps like leave me alone already im sorry i dont want to use my mesa dual recto all the time god you dont need to bug me about it. Lets let this thread die since people seem to ignore my question and just find posts on it to say something bad about me...you tell me not to waste my money so i ask your opinion and i ask for help and you just insult me for not using the volume knob on my amp...like seriously stop criticizing me already i get the point you dont like me or my guitar choices or my amps

Dude you try to show your gear stupidly.... by the way you rite the names of your gear completeLY.... you have a good arsenal... you should ask(if you don't know) how to use it not how to mess it up, or state stupid thoughts about it being too loud for practising, DON'T YOU KNOW THE PROPERTIES OF A VOLUME KNOB??!!!
Quote by -AvA-
...dont i get to use a lifeline?

Quote by gagnerants
ok you can call a friend

that's who wants to be a millionare.

In answer to your question i'll say you can plug heads into speakers, so long as it's an open backed combo. If it's anything like my peavey then the speaker will have a jack that you can just plug straight into the back of a head, otherwise you might have to cut up a jack speaker cable and hook up the bare ends either to speaker terminals or just leave them bare even and solder them to the tabs on the speaker. Don't expect it to sound like the boogie cab however.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Sep 26, 2007,
You are being too defensive. Just say what you have to say and wait for sensible answers. If this flaming keeps on you may want to take a break from UG for a few months. Think about what you are saying and how you are saying it. This really looks more like a "Communication Breakdown" than anything. Just some advice from a formerly sensitive person.
I think you'd get some great help from the guys on here if you didn't have such an....interesting reputation....
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Like I said in the other thread- UGers in general are egomaniacal jerks who can only get off by ragging on others. Especially others who can afford the gear they wish they could even touch. This means you'll practically always have to weed out ten inflamamtory posts before you find one that's a bit helpful. Chin up and learn to ignore ignorant flaming.

To all the people who say "just turn down the volume on your Recto"- don't you know that a loud amp generally sounds staggered and half-assed if the volume is below 1? I'd suspect that's the case here. Even my relatively tiny Cube gets weedy if I want to keep it at a tolerable level when I'm practicing at night, so I'd guess the tone from a gnarly bastard like a Dual Rectifier would suffer from it as well..
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Sep 26, 2007,