Well, I've been playing guitar now since last Christmas, I still practice chords, scales and a different variety of songs but I want something truly challenging to play and learn something to improve my skill. Any suggestions of a good song?
if youve been playing for under a year dont go for something "challenging." just keep mastering things a little above your skill level and soon youll be great. dont make goals you wont be able to reach.

i hope that was good advice
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
if youve been playing for under a year dont go for something "challenging." just keep mastering things a little above your skill level and soon youll be great. dont make goals you wont be able to reach.

i hope that was good advice

That's good advice but I'd like to learn at least one full solo, I need to work on something new or I'll go mad!
Highwy to Hell by AC/DC then - it's a pretty simple solo but its really worth learning as it packs in a load of textbook pentaonic licks. Also, whilst it's fairly slow and not too taxing it takes a LOT of work to actually play it properly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
A good challange for a beginner is the solo in "Shook Me All Night Long" because it is fairly easy but requires some technique, plus it sounds a lot harder than it really is so you'll sound like a pro if you master it.

Just be careful when looking up the tabs; many people completely screw up the tabs for the solo so if what you're playing sounds wrong the tab is probably wrong.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
The solo in "Pantera - This Love" is easy and fun to play so have a look it that.
Depends on what kind of music you like, I suppose.
If you like 80's Metal, I'd go with "18 and Life" by Skid Row.
If you're into Metallica, Megadeth, etc...I'd suggest either "A Tout Le Monde" - Megadeth, or "Nothing Else Matters" - Metallica.

"A Tout Le Monde" 's rhythm isn't very hard, (Unless you count the triads) but the solo is a bit tough at the end, (Marty's version with the arpeggio). If you choose the version with Glen, that one isn't really hard.

"Nothing Else Matters" 's rhythm is kinda cool, especially if you go the finger picking route. The solo is Hetfield, nothing extremely hard. Just practice it thouroughly, and you'll get it down. ^_^

Of course, the AC/DC songs mentioned above are also good picks as is Pantera.
I would choose "Mouth for War" - Pantera though. It really works the left hand!

Good luck.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll try out 18 and Life and Highway to Hell along with Mouth of War with Pantera progressively.
Id advise you to learn Californication by RHCP, Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother and perhaps Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (that has an amazing solo.)
Or you could learn more theory
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Joker and the thief is a great little solo to learn, Maybe Im amazed by the beatles isn't hard and sounds great.