View poll results: Megadeth Vs. Metallica
Megadeth is #1
32 44%
Metallica is #1
23 32%
This Poll is a Waist of Mb's
17 24%
Voters: 72.
The tidal wave of Metallica followers versus the Megadeth Cultists.
Note: This poll was made out of personal interest, though there are many other polls on UG this thread was produced to bury an argument between Australians in general.

So in short, if your offended by this poll then go have a cry.
Attachments:
metallica.jpg
No.

This will turn into a flame fest.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine should go die.

I want Rick Astley fronting both Metallica and Megadeth.
Metallica rocks harder, but Megadeth is 10 times more complex. Seriously every Metallica riff is: Powerchord, Chug E string, Powerchord, Chug, E string. While every Metallica solo is WAH WAH WAH, trem pick, ascending run, trem pick, WAH WAH WAH, trem pick, descending run, a couple of bends, maybe a little legato.
I'm going to go with Megadeth, but they'll lose since the amount of Metallica fanboys on this site.
NO!! KILL IT QUICKLY BEFORE THE FLAME ERUPT! jesus im so sick of these, im pretty sure the first one should have been the last one. *reported* do to the fact this will just erupt into a flamefestmeltdownn00bkillingspreewhereeveryonegetshurtz0rzandnomoremetallicavsmegadethkthanks

EDIT: clearly sept 07 is going to be a failed month. ive seen about 6 stupid/pointless/versus threads by sept 07ers in the past 45 minutes.
Last edited by pimpslap1236 at Sep 24, 2007,
I personally like metallica better, but so many kids like them it gets lame...
The real sin is to die without having truly lived
haha, is there a record for most times reported? coz ive ran out of toes and fingers for keeping count, and yes, metallica are in my opinion uber better. But not as a whole, both bands have their good sides and theirr mess ups. Currently all i listen to is Metallica - No leaf Clover.
Megadeth, Plain and Simple. Why? More intriquite and complex music while still appealing to alot of people. Plus they havent gotten progressively worse over the years, say like metallica.
I find Metallica's Black Album muically superier to anything Megadeth has ever cranked out. Though Megadeth's 94 album with A Tout Le Monde gives the BA a run for its money.
I would have said Megadeth on this, but after his latest release really disappointed me. I was hoping for something along the lines of Youthenasia. But he did an OKAY job on the last record.

However, since the last release of Metallica's St.Anger, i can not say they are number one either.

So Iced Earth takes the Number 1 spot,and Megadeth/Metallica takes the runner up spot....for now.
Did no-one read the Dave Murray Interview? Music shouldnt be a competition.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
theres ppl that like metallica, and ppl that utterly dispise them becuase of there new crap music. i think thats sorta sad, but hey im no fan of there new stuff either. but how many megadeth fans HATE mustaines new music? sure, its not as good, but obviously were never gonna get another rust in peace, or peace sells, just like metallica is never gonna release another kill em all or ride the lightning

which means, in a nutshell, there both good bands, but megadeth wins.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by koikomoru
I would have said Megadeth on this, but after his latest release really disappointed me. I was hoping for something along the lines of Youthenasia. But he did an OKAY job on the last record.

However, since the last release of Metallica's St.Anger, i can not say they are number one either.

So Iced Earth takes the Number 1 spot,and Megadeth/Metallica takes the runner up spot....for now.

i was hoping for something like youthanasia to. in my opinion, their second best next to RIP, but i also the UA was fantastic. not hoping for much with metallica. metallica turned into a joke, there kinda like someone who died but they put him up on strings and make him dance just for the sake of the memories. maybe theyll surprise me though.
Megadeth..more Technical And Angular and Better guitar Solos

Metallica...defined The Genre, More Memorable Songs

'metallica Were Miles Ahead Of Us on every album' Dave Ellefson

Both Sold Out In The 90s Both Are Doing Okay In Their Old Age

Hetfield..better singer than Dave-one of best ever singers in metal
Burton/Newstead better bass than Ellefson or whoever there is now
Both drummers (all deth drummers) sucked
friedman and chris poland >Hammett

Metallica Wins

------------------------------------
Last edited by ibanezed at Sep 24, 2007,
Both bands are different, but this poll goes down to people preferences aswelll as band skill. Keep that in mind people!
1. You fail for making another thread
2. I prefer Megadeth, but Metallica was and still is a good band, considering everything else that came out earlier this decade, before the shred explosion.
3. Ibanezed is an idiot
4. -Reported-
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
First off, no vs threads you tool!
Second, for all you people whinging about Mustaine getting kicked out of Metallica, look on the bright side: 2 greats bands came out of it. Besides, the only reason it's such a big issue is because Mustaine is still whining about it today.

END OF RANT.
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Its funny because you all get ya nickers in a knot about a 'vs' poll, but then you go on about how much you like megadeth or metallica. If you dont agree with the poll then dont put your two cents in after you report the thread you knuckle heads.