Example:

Metalcore is NOT one of of my favorite genres. A lot of it is just too recycled and tedious for me.

But I love Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, and Bring Me the Horizon. A few more as well, but those REALLY stand out for me.

NOTE: This type of thread is kind of hard to search, and I don't recall seeing this type of thread for quite some time. I know there has been a thread like it, but it was a long time ago. I can't remember what it was called, either. =/
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I really like As Blood Runs Black, and I'm not a Hardcore/Deathcore/AnythingCore kinda guy.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
i wish more people would be like this, but most of the time if they dont like the certain type of music genre they'll shut the band down without listening
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by silent caution
i wish more people would be like this, but most of the time if they dont like the certain type of music genre they'll shut the band down without listening

+1. you don't need to like the music, just ****ing appreciate the talent of the people playing it.
I really dislike rap and techno in general as genres.

But i like Fast Crew and DJ Tiesto, i have no idea why.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

i like some of my chemical romance and some of fall out boy, but i dont like emo stuff at all, or new wave pop/rock stuff, if they arent emo anymore whatever.
I don't like Hip Hop and Rap since it just isn't as good as it used to be, but I still like some people like GZA and Common.

I also don't really like Rock, but Coheed and Cambria are just good.
i like afi and 30 seconds to mars, i dont really like any other music out of the same genre like emo bull**** and tryhardcore
Pop-punk: Head Automatica, mainly because Daryl Palumbo is one of my gods.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Yea Id consider Jimmy Eat World a bit of a guilty pleasure. I dont care too much for Pop Punk sorta stuff. I dont like NuMetal all that much either, but I can enjoy System of a Down. Oh yea and I really love old Dashboard Confessional, with all its acoustic emo and angst, but I really cant stand his newer Power Pop stuff. And I hate hate hate rap, but could listen to Weird Al's White n Nerdy all day hahaha that doesnt really count as rap... oh well. So yea that about does it.
They've done studies, ya know. 60% of the time, it works, everytime
My least favorite genre would probably be country. But I don't have a favorite band or artist from the genre.

And don't say Johnny Cash. He's one of the reasons I don't like the genre.
I don't really like R 'n' B but I enjoy that song "Beautiful Girls"
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
my least fave genre is prolly pop-punk. but i love the offspring and weezer. go figger
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by fretsonfire74
im not into metal either, but i love underoath and bullet for my valentine.

underoath is not metal, at all, at least not anymore, but i seriously doubt that your talking about their original CDs that are even being made anymore
I love Alter Bridge and Shinedown, but I hate all other types of rock.

I'm more of an Indie/Alternative guy.
Quote by illuzion_ownz
waylon is better imo

well waylon comes from a different generation, that was a different form of country. i should have said i hate "modern" country.
i don't even consider the "modern" stuff country, it's more rock and roll each day, the stuff thats now known as "classic" is real country, and thats the stuff i like
modern country is like the soap opera of music. Its played by incredibly fake pretty people.
The prodigy and Kraftwork. I hate most electronic music but these 2 bands are genius.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by 666_Pounder
The Killers in Pop, if they are Pop? (which im guessing they are).

+1
I'm not big on House (or much Electronic stuff) but I love Daft Punk.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by PastaOfMuppets
I'm not big on House (or much Electronic stuff) but I love Daft Punk.

Who doesn't?
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Who doesn't?

True but when I mean I love them I mean I love ALL their stuff.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN