Hi,
I just completed 2 pages on my website which allow a 2 humbucker guitar to get a tremendous range of tones.
The pages are www.1728.com/guitar5.htm (5 switches) and www.1728.com/guitar6.htm (7 switches).
I've been planning on putting those pages on my site for months now and what a lot of work it was. Incidentally, I have done both mods and they are tremendous (in my humble opinion of course).
Please visit the pages and let me know what you think of those. (If anything, alert me to any mistakes).
Thanks.
Nice! That's a crazy amount of options.

Say, given these conditions...
4 single coils...
Neck
Middle RWRP
Bridge 1 RWRP
Bridge 2

Do you think it's possible to have a series/parallel, or even just a "Bridge 1" on switch (series) switch, for the two bridge pickups, so I can have true single coil tones in the bridge, with an option to have powerful humbucker tones, too?
I'd like to achieve this with a 5-way switch, normal preferable, but I'm open to using a super switch, for simple switching between the Neck, Middle, and Bridge 2 pickups, plus whatever kind of toggles I'd need in addition to it to make the Bridge 2 pickup do what I'd like.
Well, I finished the web pages and the guitar. If you want to see that seven switch "tone-monster", go to www.1728.com/guitar6.htm and scroll down almost to the bottom of the page.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Quote by wolf1728
Well, I finished the web pages and the guitar. If you want to see that seven switch "tone-monster", go to www.1728.com/guitar6.htm and scroll down almost to the bottom of the page.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks.

found that site the other day. some good information there. still a bit too complicated for me but i am learning. i fancy doing the wolftone mod to my squire strat but i was wondering if you can do it with 3 switches instead of 5. so one switch for each pickup with in phase/off/out of phase as the settings?
I had no idea you used UG, I love your site. It's what got me started on modding my guitars, and now I'm building my own (see sig). I'm gonna have some crazy wiring in it. If anyone's interested, alexplorer has some cool stuff on his site for wiring, or I found this one site that'll give you 12,000 pickup combinations out of an HSH! (that's not a typo) http://guitarnuts2.proboards45.com/index.cgi?board=schem&action=display&thread=1174521066

keep up the good work!
deadlydunc
If you want 3 toggle switches to control each pickup and also to control phase switching, there's a circuit for that on my website at the bottom of guitar page #3
http://www.1728.com/guitar3.htm
Incidentally, I feel that phase switching is not as useful as you might think it is. Read the John Atchley link I have there. (John Atchley is the founder of the "Guitar Nuts" website).
I think you'd find series/parallel switching more useful than phase switching but that is up to you.

james4
Thanks for the 7 switch comment. Yeah, I thought a long time about that arrangement since I didn't want it to look ridiculous. It's a rather intuitive configuration isn't it? And that red rocker switch for phasing is a nice break in the monotony of the other 6 switches.

flashbandit
Oh I sure like the Ultimate Guitar website and I'm a member of many other guitar "modding" sites. I can't spend as much time as I'd like on those message boards since I have to work on my on site too (which is more than just guitar wiring) plus I work a full-time job.

forsaknazrael
I'd say if you want to use a Super-Switch for that switching combination, a good place to ask would be http://guitarnuts2.proboards45.com/index.cgi