Page 1 of 10
Today, I thought my day was going to start like any other. Waking up, and grabbing a ciggy, and a soda, then heading off to work without bathing or changing my clothes, because I'm nineteen and I can still pull that off..

But it was a day like no other. I headed to the fridge and sitting there on the ground was a Brown Recluse spider.. Now.. Ordinarily I would have run away in fright, as I'm terrified of these spiders, due to propaganda from my Grandmother, who was bitten by one ages past. But.. I'm addicted to caffeine. And this son of a bitch was standing in my kitchen for one reason and one reason only... He wanted my Coke. I could see it in his many eyes.. So, I stomped his little ass. I felt bad, though.. cause it kinda just stood there and didn't move, like it had downs or something.

Anyway.. I'm still scared of them. All spiders in fact. Except Daddy Long legs.. I despise them for other reasons. And I know many of YOU probably fear spiders as well. So my question.. Which Spiders put the fear of God into you the most? Oh, and post pictures.. Maybe it will help me conquer my fears.

The brown recluse, and the damage it will inflict.

Answers like THIS:

Shelob or Aragog

Have already been posted.. You've been beaten at your own game, LOTR and HP fans..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
...uh OH DEAR GOD THAT GUYS THUMB IS DISGUSTING!!!!!!

Yeah I'm scared of spiders. All of them.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
line 6
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Quote by myself101
...uh OH DEAR GOD THAT GUYS THUMB IS DISGUSTING!!!!!!

Yeah I'm scared of spiders. All of them.

There's one on the back door of my house.. Nesting.. Waiting to kill flies. And I think it's plotting against me.. During the day it's not usually there.. But at night, he's out.. I refuse to use that door at night. I just won't.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

This one... I want him dead NOW!

And if your still up to the killin job this one

Not as terrifying I know, but still........
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
the ones with the big round arse things.
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Quote by SteveBeginner
the ones with the big round arse things.

So.. What.. 95 percent of them?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Virtuoso883

EEWWWWW somebody squish it....

I refuse to watch that.
Quote by vintage x metal

Huntsman spider, Wolf Spider, The Funnelweb Spider (deadliest in the world, yay) and all the rest, especially the ginormous ones
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by Jack Off Jill
So.. What.. 95 percent of them?

I dunno, just arggh, i see that big ass, it's like scary nad makes me feel ****. talking about spiders my legs are getting all squirmy and ****..
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Quote by SteveBeginner
I dunno, just arggh, i see that big ass, it's like scary nad makes me feel ****. talking about spiders my legs are getting all squirmy and ****..

Is this the one you're talking about? Cause, I hate that son of a bitch.. He taunts you by only opening his eye up for a split second.. Son of a bitch..

Anyhoo, if it's making your legs feel squirmy, then my thread is working.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 24, 2007,
In my old house I had a huntsman try and jump me when I walked out the door. Opened the screen door outwards, it fell from ontop of the door, missed me by about 1 ml.
Ive been bitten by a redback, lucky the emergency clinic is close.
Cant remember the name of this spider, but it has a real fat back part, abdomen I think? Yeah, I remember the house I was in when I was a kid, one of them caught a magpie and a sparrow in its web and killed them.
But the spider I hate and fear the most is the Funnel Web Spider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venomous_funnel-web_tarantula

Look at those fangs Sydney Spider

Bit off topic, but just to add to my other awesome escapades, I had a fully grown goanna live behind my garage
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Is this the one you're talking about? Cause, I hate that son of a bitch.. He taunts you by only opening his eye up for a split second.. Son of a bitch..

Anyhoo, if it's making your legs feel squirmy, then my thread is working.

I cant put my legs back under the table! Sometimes u see a spider crawling up the wall...

It feels like theres a spider crawling in my heair and my elg hair... this thread sucks.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
Quote by ccatrackstar
line 6

Wow, you're clever.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by SteveBeginner
I cant put my legs back under the table! Sometimes u see a spider crawling up the wall...

It feels like theres a spider crawling in my heair and my elg hair... this thread sucks.

And to add to the terror, when I was a kid I was reading a book about spiders in the library, and there was this particular spider that has a habit of making it's web beneath toilet seats. After that, I always checked until I was like.. fifteen. I'm still kinda scared of it, come to think of it.
Quote by vintage x metal

I'd have to say either the Black Widow or Brown Recluse...both of which are common in North Carolina
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by dann_blood
In my old house I had a huntsman try and jump me when I walked out the door. Opened the screen door outwards, it fell from ontop of the door, missed me by about 1 ml.
Ive been bitten by a redback, lucky the emergency clinic is close.
Cant remember the name of this spider, but it has a real fat back part, abdomen I think? Yeah, I remember the house I was in when I was a kid, one of them caught a magpie and a sparrow in its web and killed them.
But the spider I hate and fear the most is the Funnel Web Spider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venomous_funnel-web_tarantula

Look at those fangs Sydney Spider

Bit off topic, but just to add to my other awesome escapades, I had a fully grown goanna live behind my garage

My Jesus... I don't know whether to be disgusted by that thing, or to respect it.. I would like to do battle with it, but at the same times, I know I'd feel scared out of my mind.

Anyone else feel like they've got little things crawling all over them now?

OH! When I lived in Mississippi, on the fourth of July I found those pregnant spider, and I squished the little bitch.. And out came a whole bunch of teensy tiny spiders. That kinda scared me, too.. Actually, I still have nightmares about it.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
And to add to the terror, when I was a kid I was reading a book about spiders in the library, and there was this particular spider that has a habit of making it's web beneath toilet seats. After that, I always checked until I was like.. fifteen. I'm still kinda scared of it, come to think of it.

..I did the same thing, when Im in bed watching tv I've seen some spiders dropping from the ceiling on a web, but it's like daddy long leg things, they're not scary..

I once had one of those big things u find in australia crawl on my hand, i shook my hand and when I saw the size of it I ran screaming like a girl, taking my top off thinking it was on it, and running itno a table and smashing a glass. .. . im getting shivers now.

im a pussy.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
Quote by SteveBeginner
..I did the same thing, when Im in bed watching tv I've seen some spiders dropping from the ceiling on a web, but it's like daddy long leg things, they're not scary..

I once had one of those big things u find in australia crawl on my hand, i shook my hand and when I saw the size of it I ran screaming like a girl, taking my top off thinking it was on it, and running itno a table and smashing a glass. .. . im getting shivers now.

im a pussy.

No, dude.. You're not a pussy. We've just got a fear of spiders. I'm scared of pictures of spiders.

Do you agree that Arachnophobia is the scariest movies of all time? I hate that ****ing movie.

And the fact that I made you feel squeamish with just a few words and pictures, I think that this thread doesn't suck, and in fact is the best thread of the day..

My fear of spiders can never kill my ego.
Quote by vintage x metal

i've only seen eight-legged-spiders, and the part where he like sucks the tube and those big spiders crawl out his mouth, omg that sucked... I remember I had to watch it sitting in the middle of the room on the ground so I could see a spider if it came near me..

the whole movie was scary, ****.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
I'm also scared of spider-webs, its like "ZOMG IM GUNNA DIE NOW!!!!!!" when i touch one.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by SteveBeginner
i've only seen eight-legged-spiders, and the part where he like sucks the tube and those big spiders crawl out his mouth, omg that sucked... I remember I had to watch it sitting in the middle of the room on the ground so I could see a spider if it came near me.. the whole movie was scary, ****.

Does this thing scare you? I don't think these technically count as Spiders.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by myself101
I'm also scared of spider-webs, its like "ZOMG IM GUNNA DIE NOW!!!!!!" when i touch one.

you run throught them, and like take of ur top and run around for 5 minutes followed by rolling on the ground screaming until ur satisfied theres nothing on you... bad bad times.

if that aint a spdier, what is it..
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
the camel spider....even though there are none in australia...

^theres 2 in that picture
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
i used to be scared of spiders. now im more scared of pm ejaculation which untill recently hasnt been a problem of mine...
but yea the ones that are so big u can see details on it still kinda take the piss outa me.
..I feel like a pussy when my little cousin picks spiders up and hold them... wtf
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
Quote by SteveBeginner
you run throught them, and like take of ur top and run around for 5 minutes followed by rolling on the ground screaming until ur satisfied theres nothing on you... bad bad times.

if that aint a spdier, what is it..

I'm not sure, but I had a teacher at some point tell me that there's a difference between them and Daddy Long Leg Spiders.

And she also told me that they're not actually poisonous.. My brother had been lying to me for years.

Spider webs terrify me, too.. I ran into one the other day. I had to take a bath before I felt safe.

The idea that I swallow spiders in my sleep a few times a year gives me the chills.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, dude.. You're not a pussy. We've just got a fear of spiders. I'm scared of pictures of spiders.

Do you agree that Arachnophobia is the scariest movies of all time? I hate that ****ing movie.

And the fact that I made you feel squeamish with just a few words and pictures, I think that this thread doesn't suck, and in fact is the best thread of the day..

My fear of spiders can never kill my ego.

Arachnaphobia was on TV last night
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm not sure, but I had a teacher at some point tell me that there's a difference between them and Daddy Long Leg Spiders.

And she also told me that they're not actually poisonous.. My brother had been lying to me for years.

Lol cool, scary. I'm like still sqiurmish...
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
Quote by Horlicks
Arachnaphobia was on TV last night

John Goodman kinda scared me in that movie, too..

I couldn't tell, is that movie supposed to be some kind of comedy? Because, I didn't think it was too funny.

As for Camel Spiders: As scared as I am of them, I tried to talk my brother's girlfriend, who is currently serving in Iraq, into bringing me home one as a pet, so I can torture and kill it.

I hates them..
Quote by vintage x metal

who wants to see what happens when you get bitten by the camel spider?
do not click this if you are squeamish.

EDIT: my click i mean look at.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
John Goodman kinda scared me in that movie, too..

I couldn't tell, is that movie supposed to be some kind of comedy? Because, I didn't think it was too funny.

As for Camel Spiders: As scared as I am of them, I tried to talk my brother's girlfriend, who is currently serving in Iraq, into bringing me home one as a pet, so I can torture and kill it.

I hates them..

I ocne torched a big fish, it sucked and I felt so guilty and strill do, don't do it, it'll haunt your fo life.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I heard somewhere that daddy long-legs is the most venomous spider in North America, except its mouth is too small to pierce human skin. True? I'm skeptical of this.

I live in Texas, where widow and recluse spiders are common. Luckily, they're easily avoidable.

Unfortunately, I live in a river valley, where bridge spiders are common (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_spider). They're not deadly, but they're a ****ing nuisance (their webs and egg-sacs make the sides of buildings look like sh*t), and their bite will give you a painful blister.

No, it's not true. Mythbusters proved it's not true. It DOES have venom, just not any that will hurt you that badly. And it's fangs CAN pierce human skin.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I heard somewhere that daddy long-legs is the most venomous spider in North America, except its mouth is too small to pierce human skin. True? .

yeah I heard they're very poisoness but can't bite into human skin.
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.
Quote by SteveBeginner
I ocne torched a big fish, it sucked and I felt so guilty and strill do, don't do it, it'll haunt your fo life.

I had a girlfriend that was terrified of fish. We used to go swimming in the lake outside of her house until she noticed an abundance of fish. One day, I bought some fish from the market and hung them all around her bed room when no one was home. She wasn't happy about that.

We were quite a pair.. One of us scared of fish, the other scared of spiders..

I hate Fish, too.. With their creepy bulgy eyes..

Look at that ****ing thing.
Quote by vintage x metal

scorpians are the shiz!

I dont ahte fish, i just torchered it..i love to eat fish too!
Quote by Finnepinne

And then got shot.