My band (fairly newly formed, has a fairly skilled drummer (fkn good i mean) a reasonable guitarist, good vocals (for death metal) and me..rhythm (i know...ew, but i just started recently) may be doing some gigs fairly soon and we are mostly doing our own stuff, but i wanted to know a good song to cover, right now we are thinking of raining blood, just wondering what other songs we could do. We kinda want something that a lot of people would know. Thanks in advance =)
well....... if you can do Raining Blood, you can probably pull off "Zombie Ritual" by Death... that's a pretty good and fairly basic song.
i myself have been playing for about 5 or 6 months (playing seriously that is) but the lead has been playing for about 2 years i think
hehe thanks anyway =)
yeh raining blood isnt too hard and a lot of people know it which i spose is why we are leaning towards it
Quote by juckfush
personally, if i was doing some death metal and had a decent lead guitarist, i'd do some slipknot, like pulse of the maggots probably (is neither of you can sweep improvise) or maybe even angel of death by slayer if you guys can pick fast. otherwise, raining blood sounds pretty badass - easy enough song, and a ****en hectic starting song. how long have you been playing anyways?

I hope you're kidding... Slipknot and Slayer? Death metal??
its called a cover for a reason ;-)
like not an accurate one, an interpretation more or less. i know both of them arent death metal.
Try some thrash stuff first. Id say try Seasons in the Abyss by Slayer. Thats a great song to open with. Crystal Mountain by Death is another good cover to do. If you really want to try something difficult try Mother Puncher by Mastodon. Its not death metal or anything but its brilliant live if done well.
Quote by Rory Kavanagh
Try some thrash stuff first. Id say try Seasons in the Abyss by Slayer. Thats a great song to open with. Crystal Mountain by Death is another good cover to do. If you really want to try something difficult try Mother Puncher by Mastodon. Its not death metal or anything but its brilliant live if done well.

+1 for Mother Puncher.
you could open with Dead Skin Mask- Slayer

easy song
fun song
will set the tone for the rest of the night
I know a lot of people dont know this song, but if your lead is fairly skilled and your just rhytym its perfect. "Terror and Hubris in the House of Frank Pollard by Lamb of God off their New American Gospel album. If one of you guys can do higher pitched screams you would have it down too, the rhythym part is EZ Mode and the solo is difficult enough to challenge your lead. So give it a listen, because once I finally get my band rolling (my drummer doesnt have a double bass yet and i have no guitarist since i want to play bass so I can do vocals as well) this is the first song I'm covering
ahh yeh i've heard of it ^
problem is...our singer is more...low pitch kinda growling, he isnt too good at high pitch stuff yet =/
but we've ditched raining blood now and decided to go with Blood Bath (not sure which song yet)...fair big change eh?
Ahh ok... I get you...

Well, I agree w/ covering thrash songs... Well Troops of doom is a fairly easy, and headbang-able track... Some slayer may be good. Also Sodom and kreator songs...)
try skater boy by avril lavgene thats pretty death metal
or maybe sumthin from like highskool musical that stuff is pretty sweet
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by juckfush
personally, if i was doing some death metal and had a decent lead guitarist, i'd do some slipknot, like pulse of the maggots probably (is neither of you can sweep improvise) or maybe even angel of death by slayer if you guys can pick fast. otherwise, raining blood sounds pretty badass - easy enough song, and a ****en hectic starting song. how long have you been playing anyways?

WTF? Where the hell did ****knot come from? The only thing they have to do with death metal is the play in low tunings.

For Bloodbath, I always liked Outnumber the Day. Or Blood Vortex.

Bloodbath kicks ass. very headbangable, excellent death metal.

I would also suggest, if your good enough, some Cannibal Corpse (Frantic Disembowelment, anything off kill), Death (Crystal Mountain or Zombie Ritual), and Atheist.

Amon Amarth would also be cool, if your drummer can do double kick well.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by reapist16
I hope you're kidding... Slipknot and Slayer? Death metal??

i think we are in the presence of begginers...death metal is like...canibal corpse...death...and dang...you realize...slipknot is just noise, and slayer is thrash? not even close to death
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
^^ yeah... Funny for someone to rec slipknot songs for a dm cover.... lol

Slayer songs when played as death are good... Decap's Mandatory Suicide as an example...

Even BM bands cover 'em... eg. Dark Funeral
Quote by bi-ah!
i think we are in the presence of begginers...death metal is like...canibal corpse...death...and dang...you realize...slipknot is just noise, and slayer is thrash? not even close to death

like i said...interpretations...

im not much of a fan of slipknot, i dont think we would really consider them, but i think we've settled on something blood bath...i forgot which one though...i should really start learning it...
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Quote by Taylz24
My band (fairly newly formed, has a fairly skilled drummer (fkn good i mean) a reasonable guitarist, good vocals (for death metal) and me..rhythm (i know...ew, but i just started recently) may be doing some gigs fairly soon and we are mostly doing our own stuff, but i wanted to know a good song to cover, right now we are thinking of raining blood, just wondering what other songs we could do. We kinda want something that a lot of people would know. Thanks in advance =)

Er, bassist anywhere?
oh f*ck..yeh forgot to mention him :P. yes we do have a bassist ^.^
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
This might sound funny but a Death Metal arrangement for Killing in the Name Of would be awesome
^ my bandmates hate RATM...i love em though
Quote by hug a llama

Quote by Burpin'Worm