I've just bought Team Fortress 2, and while it works, I would guess I get an fps of about 20...

I've heard that Nortons360(what I currently use) really slows down a computer, are there any alternatives out there that will provide virus protection but with a lot less use of system memory?
They make me do push-ups in drag :[.
avast! antivirus: http://www.avast.com/

it's free, doesn't slow down your PC, and very eficient

i use it and never had problems with it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Free = AVG

$$ and very good = Trend Micro.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
i use zone alarm.. it's pretty good and you can select how heavy it is on your system.. eg.. if you want a faster scan it's gunna make ur pc slower but if u prefure that have a faster pc you can have a slow scan. haven't had too major problems with it.. cept only that ther main service wasn't gettin enough memory and dying..lol.. but thats a poor memory mangment problem
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
NOD32

antivirus of the gods.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I use Spybot. It's free.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Quote by BenFoffenbock
I use Spybot. It's free.

Spybot isn't antivirus, it works only against spyware.

NOD32 is the best antivirus, doesn't slow down your PC and you can download a 30 days trial-version, and after 30 days uninstall it, install again and it will work for another 30 days etc. etc. etc.!!
Quote by Bleeding_me
avast! antivirus: http://www.avast.com/

it's free, doesn't slow down your PC, and very eficient

i use it and never had problems with it.

++++1
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Quote by zombiak
Spybot isn't antivirus, it works only against spyware.

NOD32 is the best antivirus, doesn't slow down your PC and you can download a 30 days trial-version, and after 30 days uninstall it, install again and it will work for another 30 days etc. etc. etc.!!

or get it off a torrent and dont bother we the reinstalling thing. but use a private tracker and only download from torrents that have good feedback.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Another NOD32 user here. I've used many AV softs over the years and NOD32 is the most efficient while still having the smallest footprint in terms of using system resources.
Nice, thanks for all the programs. Has anyone else heard that about Nortons360 (that it uses a lot of system memory)? I'm just curious if it's actually true.
They make me do push-ups in drag :[.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
or get it off a torrent and dont bother we the reinstalling thing. but use a private tracker and only download from torrents that have good feedback.

Uh, I suggested my solution in case if he has something against piracy, duh.

But if he doesn't - yep, torrent is a good way

Quote by cloginator
Has anyone else heard that about Nortons360 (that it uses a lot of system memory)?

Yep, it's true. Not only 360 but afaik all Norton aren't very efficient in the matter of memory usage.
Last edited by zombiak at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by cloginator
Nice, thanks for all the programs. Has anyone else heard that about Nortons360 (that it uses a lot of system memory)? I'm just curious if it's actually true.

It's true, and it's a bitch to remove from your computer.

there's a removal program on symantecs website, but even that doesn't work all the time.

Quote by element4433