basically i went to a guitar fair this week, and i always wanted a strat or les paul or something like that. i dont know why but they just always seemd to really appeal to me, but i played a few, a reissue lp and a 57 strat but i hated both of them, i just didn't like the necks on either (for different reasons) on the other hnd tho, i never liked sg's but i tried a gibson sg standard and thought it was good.

have u ever really liked a guitar and then hated it when you played it or vice versa?
I always loved the way LP's look, But i tried one out and it was the worst thing i had EVER played.

I always thought that Strats were way too generic but i ended up with a 1962 strat and i have never looked back.
I agree with the PRS , beautiful looking guitar and killer tone but it just really doesn't feel right at all. Les Pauls all the way for this guitarist.
EDIT: Any Ibanez. Don't know why, there's just something about them.

And this isn't exatly the same, but I've always loved the look and the feel of a superstrat type guitar (except for Ibanez), but after getting my first ML shaped guitar, it almost like I could never see myself playing anything else, even though the superstart used to be my favourite, the ml just fits me perfectly.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Last edited by SinnaSatan at Sep 24, 2007,
The Variax lol.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Yeah, I never liked strats, and like Aldente, I thought they were too generic, but when i borrowed one, i fell in love with it, and i decided to get one for myself.
Blues Power
for my birthday this year (november), all i've wanted since last year was a gibson les paul classic.

i played one for like 5 mins the other week, and i didnt really like it. i mean, i loved the neck, but i found it really hard to get to the higher frets. my SG has like the two holes for my fingers, and when i go up, i can still put my thumb around the neck if i feel like it, but with a lp, you cant....

i think i'll still get one though. i just love em...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
I discovered something about me recently. I happen to love Les Pauls and Strats alike it seems. I primarily have been and will be playing my LP, but lately, when I play a Hendrix solo or something, I just unplug the LP, and plug the Strat in. Usually, I don't end up unplugging the strat, partly in due to laziness, partly because I simply like the instrument.

Overall, I'd have to go with a LP primarily, but man, IMO a guitar is a guitar. An awesome instrument, no matter who makes it.
I've tried Les Paul's and various Ibanez's and I just didn't like any of them at all. I'm definitely a strat person.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I hate the Les Paul. I wanted to like it.. But it was too bassy, too heavy, the neck was lame..

I hated everything about it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Les Pauls, I played the best of the best (58 Blonde Gibson Custom) and it was clunky and felt awkward.
I'd go for a Strat, LC7 or Ibanez anyday.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
This is why I would never buy a guitar over the internet. I always have to try it out first.
yesterday, guitarcenter, Dime Razorback, the one with the flames for $1000, i hated it. i then picked up a white Gibson Explorer and fell in love with it. . i thought the dimebucker would have been bitchin in it, but no.

Gibson Explorer>Dime Razorback
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Fender strats. One of my hero's is Ritchie Blackmore so I really wanted to play a strat but I just cannot get a good feel for the neck. I find them to flat, if that makes any sense, compared to the necks on epi's and gibsons. I am alright with most other brands that I ahve played around with, like schecter, but just cannot get into strats.
I used to think I wanted a Les Paul, then I tried a few over time. Didn't like the neck, the weight, and the way it feels when you sit with the guitar.
And any Flying V guitar. Randy Rhoads is one of my favorite guitar players, but I just can't play a V.
What can we do with a canoe that will make people say, "Oh No, What's Wrong With Them?"
I was going to get a Tanglewood acoustic a while back and it played well and it sounded great, but it had that glossy finish. I hate it when acoustics have that. However, it led me to my Martin and I can't say I'm disappointed.