It's on the ABC right now for those in Australia, and it's worth a watch. But in general, when you see shows like these including poverty, starvation etc. apart from feeling really really bad for these people, does it also make you insanely angry at our society? I mean, all the snobby people in the world, the filthy rich, we have all this money sowhy haven't we helped all these people in poverty yet? Why in this day and age are they still going through this?

Sorry what I wrote isn't the best part of writing in the world, but i'm doing this second to watching this program, and i'd like to hear your thoughts.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by cocacolabottle
So give em your money then.

I am seriously considering taking part in charity, but that's not what I was asking, I was asking how can governments like America, Britain, Australia etc. be so rich yet widespread poverty still exists in the world, understand?
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Welcome to capitalism, kiddo.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Because they have other things to worry about. I.E. manage their OWN countries finances... its really not John Howards fault that theres poverty in Afghanistan.. for **** sakes theirs poverty in asutralia too why don't you go down the road..
se, i dont feel sorry for them, theyve been living like tht for god knows how long, we try and give money to them but the corrupt goverment just takes the money for themselves.

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Help to those who help themselves.

It's not as simple as giving countries money. If we gave bilions of dollars to places like Africa it'd just end up in the hands of the corrupt officials and would benefit noone.

And as for personal wealth, well, why should people give up the money they've earnt?

There's plenty of poverty in Western society that needs to be addressed before that of underdeveloped countries.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I don't trust charities. When the money is sent over (in some cases) it goes straight to the government and they use it for their own needs.
The thing is, the people who have the option to change this are the ones with the money. And they ain't giving their underserved fortunes up to help anyone.

And as for personal wealth, well, why should people give up the money they've earnt?

Earnt... Does a footballer earn his millions by playing a game every now and again? Or does the kid who sews his boots for 18 hours a day and gets the equivalent of around 50p deserve it more?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Hobolad

Earnt... Does a footballer earn his millions by playing a game every now and again? Or does the kid who sews his boots for 18 hours a day and gets the equivalent of around 50p deserve it more?

The footballer, he's more attractive.
It's not that simple. Sure governments seem very selfish but it's not quite that simple. Did you know that it'd cost 10 billion dollars to solve the water problem around the world? We (the U.S) spend 10 million dollars on Iraq every 2 and a half weeks. Explain that to me. There's a lot of things that I just can't understand but that's simply the way it is and it will be a long time before someone who cares as much as you and I do will come into power.

If you really want to feel better about yourself, start giving 10 percent of your income to some sort of charity. Maybe a church that sends people over to other countries for a project. Maybe you yourself can do something. I actually went to Honduras with Habitat for Humanity a couple years ago and helped build a house for a lady in Honduras. This house was about the size of my bedroom, but it was adequate and much better than what her neighbors had.

Like Nike says, Just Do It.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Quote by Hobolad

they both deserve it, they worked there asses of for it, this is wat is basicly goin on:
give just £1 a month and this could help save lives *insert poor country here*, then the goverment comes in and goes YOINK and takes the money to by drugs n guns n stuff like tht.

Quote by imdwalrus
We (the U.S) spend 10 million dollars on Iraq every 2 and a half weeks

its because the US are world police.

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
If you really want to feel better about yourself, start giving 10 percent of your income to some sort of charity. Maybe a church that sends people over to other countries for a project. Maybe you yourself can do something. I actually went to Honduras with Habitat for Humanity a couple years ago and helped build a house for a lady in Honduras. This house was about the size of my bedroom, but it was adequate and much better than what her neighbors had.

Nice! Was that organised through i-to-i or something like that? 'Cause that's what I'm gonna do (Some overseas volunteering), just as soon as I've raised the money and finished college.

they both deserve it, they worked there asses of for it, this is wat is basicly goin on:
give just £1 a month and this could help save lives *insert poor country here*, then the goverment comes in and goes YOINK and takes the money to by drugs n guns n stuff like tht.

I can't agree that footballers, and most highly payed jobs, deserve that kinda money. With footballers they're merely playing a game. Lots of high paid jobs depends on what university you went to (ie. What area you come from, that's what it boils down to).

And even if someone was offered that much- why would anyone with morals keep so much It's more than anyone would ever need.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Last edited by Hobolad at Sep 24, 2007,