my bass players project fell through, so he came to me and asked me what i was doing. so one thing leads to another and he joins my project. we also got a drummer along with us. so all we have done is send each other guitar pro files online. he has a few more songs then i do (complete songs. i have alot of songs that need to be finished).

anyway... so all we have done is exchange ideas. lately, i have been having a bit of writers block, so im in no rush to go anywhere right now. next thing i know, this guy, my bass player starts a myspace out of no where! now im not mad, but now i think this guy is gonna try and rush me, and when i rush things, they SUCK. and basically im afraid he's just gonna try and take over completely. its not bad enough we have slightly differing opinions on music, now i think hes gonna try and make it all about him and slowly squeeze me out.

i talked to the drummer about this and he basically agrees that making a myspace when we dont have any songs is jumping the gun. matter of fact, he called the bass player the "gun jumper." now, he has songs up there. 3 of them his and 1 mine (the only one i have finished, really). the part that kills me is that 2 of the songs arent his. he basically got a guitar pro version of the songs and changed the guitar from a clean sound to distorted. he thinks that means he wrote the songs himself... no he didnt, he just ripped them off. the songs in question are the chocobo song from final fantasy that he calls "metal chocobo" and a "metal" version of while my guitar gently weeps.

so, you guys tell me, is the gun jumper jumping the gun here? a myspace is fine, but he made it without telling us or even requesting us. and we arent really ready for it. we have nothing to show really. he just exported the songs from guitar pro 5. so is he wrong? do i actually have a reason to be worried here?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Sep 24, 2007,
meh... how many people are gonna see the page? 10? how many will care? 3?

i would only consider it "rushing things" if they were booking shows, or lining up recording sessions without your consent.
He was probably bored so he made it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
you and the drummer need to just talk to the bassist and set down some rules...and i know your in a band and all...but i wouldnt give anyone a finished copy of any of my work unless i completely trusted and/or knew the person
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
He was probably just excited to be in a band.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
i was bored one nigt and made a myspace for my band, i regret doing it though. you might end up losing the myspace though because it says you are to only upload your bands music, it doesnt matter if he just added stuff on. if he didnt write the whole thing thats stealing it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
Quote by Tophue
Jumping the Gun would be a great band name
You just gave me the title to the song I'm gunna write tonight
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by mybandsuks_15
i was bored one nigt and made a myspace for my band, i regret doing it though. you might end up losing the myspace though because it says you are to only upload your bands music, it doesnt matter if he just added stuff on. if he didnt write the whole thing thats stealing it.

could that be a problem? i could see if we just uploaded a song and put our name on it. but what if it was a live performance of a song? could that still be a problem? (hypothetical question. no live performances of anything yet)

and it is possible that he s just excited to get started, but he also has a kind of controlling personality. i dont doubt at all if he was just bored but i also have to consider the possibility that this is some sort of power move on his part.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
could that be a problem? i could see if we just uploaded a song and put our name on it. but what if it was a live performance of a song? could that still be a problem? (hypothetical question. no live performances of anything yet)

and it is possible that he s just excited to get started, but he also has a kind of controlling personality. i dont doubt at all if he was just bored but i also have to consider the possibility that this is some sort of power move on his part.

i dont know what to say about live performances, i guess if you say that the song was performed by you live but written by "artist name" then it might not be to big a deal.

as for him being controling, if he starts to get all dictatorship on the band then just tell him about it, if he doesnt change then i would just kick him out.
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
Quote by Tophue
Jumping the Gun would be a great band name

we are actually reconsidering our band name to it. we all think it sounds awesome. that is if there are no other bands by that name
i have news: my bass player found someone to write lyrics for us. i didnt know we needed someone to do that for us, but you'll never guess who he got to do it. his girl friend's 13 year old sister. we are 19... and he wants her to write lyrics for his songs, not my songs (thank god, he better not volunteer my songs to be butchered). he says she studies rock and lyrics and knows more about rock then anybody else and she doesn't act her age. whatever. did i mention his girlfriend formatted the myspace page? first his girlfriend formats the myspace, then her little sister is our "lyricist"... anyone sensing a pattern here?

its not like he wasnt getting laid before (thats 80% of his conversation skills. bragging about what he's done to her and where) but now he's trying to impress her or something? is vagina really that good? i'd like to know. is it really worth it? because this isnt the first time i've been f*cked over because of someones girl friend.
Quote by Article

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
i have news: my bass player found someone to write lyrics for us. i didnt know we needed someone to do that for us, but you'll never guess who he got to do it. his girl friend's 13 year old sister. we are 19... and he wants her to write lyrics for his songs, not my songs (thank god, he better not volunteer my songs to be butchered). he says she studies rock and lyrics and knows more about rock then anybody else and she doesn't act her age. whatever. did i mention his girlfriend formatted the myspace page? first his girlfriend formats the myspace, then her little sister is our "lyricist"... anyone sensing a pattern here?

its not like he wasnt getting laid before (thats 80% of his conversation skills. bragging about what he's done to her and where) but now he's trying to impress her or something? is vagina really that good? i'd like to know. is it really worth it? because this isnt the first time i've been f*cked over because of someones girl friend.
My little sister wrote song songs when she was 13 and they were pretty good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
is vagina really that good? i'd like to know. is it really worth it? because this isnt the first time i've been f*cked over because of someones girl friend.

you must be a virgin to ask this question....

but seriously all joking aside, i mean hell, give her a shot, it can't hurt. granted i wrote some suck a$$ lyrics when i was 13 but after a couple years of doing it i improved exponentially. give it a go, check it out, work w/ 'em. me now i take and cut and paste the stuff that i really like that fits a common theme and use that as a song. maybe you could do the same with her stuff? personally i think the vocalist or actual member of the band should be the person writing the lyrics but it can't hurt to try right? as long as it doesn't come out as

"ooh baby baby oh babe, i miss you baby, i wanna hold you baby in your arms honey sweety darlin' i love you baby" or all emo n' stuff.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo

when you say format your bands myspace, did she make a big change or just a little change, also, did the band know about this, or did she just do it.
about the little sister writing the songs, if it suks, just toss it. he might be doing this so he looks better in his girls eyes so he can get laid more often.
but it doesnt sound like he's trying to take over, just sounds like he's being an ars
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")