Hi all,
ok so first of ive decided to get a fender hot rod. my question is however is it worth saving the extra cash for the deville?? is it that much better then the deluxe?? any help appreciated.
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
I don't think the DeVille's any better per se, it's just more powerful. If you need your cleans available at LOUD volumes, it's probably worth it. Keep in mind that the Deluxe should be able to provide you with cleans in almost any club setting.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
ohh ok so volume is the only factor that makes it 500 bucks more??theres no extra features or better sound or anything?
DONT FEAR THE REAPER!
That's pretty much it. 40W vs. 60W, 1x12 vs 2x12 or 4x10. Otherwise I believe they're pretty much identical.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
the deville sounded a tad brighter compared to a deluxe. the deville is really similar sounding so only buy that if you need 60 watts, which you probably will never need.
if you get the 112 HR deluxe, then i recommend the blues deluxe instead. i A/B'd em and the blues deluxe was miles better on the OD channel. cleans were similar.
i ended up with the BD instead of the HR i was looking at first.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by The red Strat.
the deville sounded a tad brighter compared to a deluxe. the deville is really similar sounding so only buy that if you need 60 watts, which you probably will never need.
if you get the 112 HR deluxe, then i recommend the blues deluxe instead. i A/B'd em and the blues deluxe was miles better on the OD channel. cleans were similar.
i ended up with the BD instead of the HR i was looking at first.

+1^ I've got a blues deluxe and I consider one of my better amps. Beautiful cleans and great overdrive. There's not an overabundance of drive but the tone is awesome.
Well more speakers are gonna push more air regardless, I'd guess that thats one of the perks of a deville over a hrd. Plus the extra clean headroom you get.

I played a gig with my HRD unmiced and i was good to go and then some. I was at about 3-4.5ish on the volume knob and it did me pretty good. Some guy even approached me after the show and was surprised by how loud it was.

I'm wanting a cab now to push more air. I don't think 1 speaker is cutting it as far as sound distribution for me, but I'm in a 3 piece and competing with our bassists 4 10's. So yeah.

But seriously the "drive" channels aren't too hot at all. I really just use the clean channel and have pedals do the rest. I've got the foot switch on my pedal board but really its just collecting dust at this point. Personally I think my jeckyl and hyde does the job a hell of a lot better than what the amp does. it's just so lifeless BUT the cleans sound ****ing amazing with some reverb on top of it.
I own a Deluxe and a 2 x 12 Deville.

I bought the Deville first. It's really, really loud, like too loud to play in your basement. I like the way it sounds, but it's pretty powerful. Impressive volume really. It should come with earplugs.

The Deluxe is much easier to control at a reasonable volume. Unless you're gigging rather large venues, you'll be good with the deluxe. If you can find a White Lightning, it's got better speakers. I got one in surf green tolex. They come in collector colors sometimes.

And yes, get a distortion/overdrive pedal for crunch.