k guys,i have this Riviera electric that my friend gave me .I;'m not really complaining...but this guitar is too much trouble .Its really old and old stuff screw up very often.I just fixed the volume knob,den fixed the pickups and now,out of the 5 way switch,only four work.And guess what? out of the four,the MAIN switch isn't working...and i'm really pissed off and i don't really care anymore.Dude,if your reading this,i really don't mean to be unappreciative.

So,to the main point.There will be this sale in singapore soon.And thought i could just purchase a proper guitar.I use to have a previous choice of a fender MIM fat strat hss,but i really think its a little expensive...and i would really appreciate it if you people could give me suggestions? Affordable ones that are 100% worth the cash,versitile (but more importantly,better for funk rock,rock) ,and most of all affordable.I have this marshall amp i got fer 200bucks. It has a reverb system (makes it sound like a tunnel,echo,) and i absolutely love it. The only thing thats really dissapointed me was the guitar...And i really want to change it...(forgive me if i sound like a piece of &#^%$#^#$) but really,its really not good...And PLEASE!!!! HELP ME!!!! give me the fenders name (better if its a strat),price (roughly in SGD if you don't know) and why and stuff...thanks heeps~

my suggestion is to try ebay or other second hand stuff. I got my latest guitar for 300 quid which brand new is bout 500 quid.............. its only a few years old still plays brilliantly and has hardly a scratch on it!!

however having said that this strat is the absolute lowest pricest brand new strat i ever saw (its £289!!!!!)

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-stratocaster/1006

so its either one of these or you're gonna have to maybe consider a squier strat.

As far as the squier strats go i got one as my first guitar and they're really not that bad just they are of a lower quality wood and the finish on neck etc isnt as good.
Squier affinity Strat - red
Gould Les paul style - black
Fender Mexican 70's re-issue Strat - black
Gibson Les Paul Studio - worn cherry
guys,thanks,But please,only fenders and yeah...i don't think i'll stop fer a 2nd hand one...the sale will lower the cost a freaking lot.

think i should still go fer the MIM fat strat HSS?
What is the point of recommending stuff that's

a - priced in pounds
b - in the UK

when the threadstaster is in bleedin' Singapore?

Read the pissing post before you reply...

TS - Fender's are pretty pricey, your best bet is to go for a Mexican one...if that's out of budget then you'd be better off looking at brands that are manufactured in the Far East like Ibanez, Cort and LTD. There's also the option of a Japanese Fender but they aren't usually much cheaper than the USA ones although thsat might be different closer to Japan. What's your budget?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
What is the point of recommending stuff that's

a - priced in pounds
b - in the UK

when the threadstaster is in bleedin' Singapore?

Pls, i dont like the term "bleedin' Singapore"............but anyways go to swee lee.....they have some awsome fender packages there(eg. My friend bought a 60th anversary strat+A peavy 15w amp 4 600SGD or 300USD) but of course,it will never hurt to visit second hand shops such as guitar connection at penisular shopping mall(They sell a used MIJ Strat 4 800SGD or 400USD.......and thats where i got my current strat 4 950SGD or 425USD, lookin at a gibson SG there so keep ur paws off it )Well i say u visit those shops and try 'em out n deside which Fender u want

Cheers,
Sean
Last edited by FenderStRaT RS at Sep 24, 2007,
Eh...I reckon one of those Yahama Pacifica (can't remember the model name) would be better for a 'starter' guitar.

Jumping onto a Mexican bandwagon just to get the Fender name isn't the right way to go IMO, you can get better value for money if this is your second electric. Perhaps take a look at a MIJ Strat, Squier and even one or two of the older Tokai guitars. All decent enough, and in the case of MIJ and Tokai, rather damn good.
I would check out a Mexican Strat if Fender is what ya crave. I picked one up used for $175.00 USD. New they are about twice that.
The term "bleedin' Singapore" is just there to emphasise just how far away Singapore is from the guitars they've suggested, therefore highlighting how ultimately unhelpful their posts werem although I'm sure they were just trying to be helpful...no offence intended to anyone
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah,sweelee is the one having the sale...but me an my friend is plannig to sleep over at either house and be there at 3,2in the morning?and yeah...i'm only 13,*playing guitar fer about a year*self taught** and i'm already having trouble asking my parents on letting my get access to my bank...And i've only got a few weeks of school left,and at most i can save up is only 100 bucks,that is why i need the bank...and i don't think my parents will allow me running around with a thousand dollars right? so yeah...i really don't my the mexican strat actually...just feel i should have back up plans just incase the MIM HSS runs out of stock...*its a up to 50% off sale* and please no ibanez. I actually wanted one before...but its way too metal.I play Funk Rock and Rock just incase your forgot..
^Well, i'm 14 lol, same story as many others: Self taught.........had to convince parents to get cash...................save 10 bucks a week well............and strats are not too metal.........well good luck the but remember to try the guitar out before u buy it......i got a lucky strat buy and so can u!
and yes,i call the pensisula shopping mall ''Guitar World'' and besides...WAIT SEAN,did you work at guitar connections before? cos i think theres this guy i met...works there...was in school uniform...met a roughly 164cm boy with 2 other guys?...actually 4...know anyone by the name ben? kkkk,i don't think you are...besides what are the chances..wait...st pats..i think so...you were in long pants,blue pants,white uniform...
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Sep 24, 2007,
its a 50% sale...i think only SOME items are discounted at 50%...i doupt all are...but back to the main point people! suggestions~~~only fenders~
Quote by NoobOnZone
and yes,i call the pensisula shopping mall ''Guitar World'' and besides...WAIT SEAN,did you work at guitar connections before? cos i think theres this guy i met...works there...was in school uniform...met a roughly 164cm boy with 2 other guys?...actually 4...know anyone by the name ben? kkkk,i don't think you are...besides what are the chances..wait...st pats..i think so...you were in long pants,blue pants,white uniform...

St.Pat's uniform is all white and besides 14=sec2=short pants so it wasnt me..........i dont know ben but i know kelvin ho........never worked there
Quote by NoobOnZone
its a 50% sale...i think only SOME items are discounted at 50%...i doupt all are...but back to the main point people! suggestions~~~only fenders~

Thought that was usually at around mid year period but mayb i'll drop by there 4 a look around.........
Quote by NoobOnZone
guys,thanks,But please,only fenders and yeah...i don't think i'll stop fer a 2nd hand one...the sale will lower the cost a freaking lot.

think i should still go fer the MIM fat strat HSS?

dude, i'm in singapore too, whens this sale coming? haha interested in a sss fender strat mim instead?i got one up for sale. can drop me a mail at isaaclim63@hotmail.com
.....they DO NOT tell you when the date is until it comes out in the ''Cats'' section...and NO! do NOT drop by unless your really hard core and REALLY REALLY want something.It takes you 1-2 hours just to get to the front of the line,and not all items are sold at 50% off,but most are at 20%....i am planning to sleep over at my friends house and be there before 3am...and if your crazy,den yeah,go ahead and just ''take a look'' no offence...but really,its really like a science experiment where you get to compress air into a container *i'm talking crap*... its really that freaking cramp,and please do not go with your parents unless your parents are crazy rockers which i highly doupt.I would probably go fer the one next near after i sum up 100 bucks for the rest of the weeks of school and my new years money...

AND PLEASE BACK TO THE MAIN POINT!!!
^thanks!!!!!! wow... i didnt think it would be that crazy, i have friends who go though...
anyway erm... why must it be a fender?
erm,first of all,i play funk rock,rock. I don't play metal,so ibanez is out*ibanez was my previous choice,very cool sleek designs* And secondly,i find that fenders are classy and very versatile.They suit my type of music very well
Quote by NoobOnZone
.....they DO NOT tell you when the date is until it comes out in the ''Cats'' section...and NO! do NOT drop by unless your really hard core and REALLY REALLY want something.It takes you 1-2 hours just to get to the front of the line,and not all items are sold at 50% off,but most are at 20%....i am planning to sleep over at my friends house and be there before 3am...and if your crazy,den yeah,go ahead and just ''take a look'' no offence...but really,its really like a science experiment where you get to compress air into a container *i'm talking crap*... its really that freaking cramp,and please do not go with your parents unless your parents are crazy rockers which i highly doupt.I would probably go fer the one next near after i sum up 100 bucks for the rest of the weeks of school and my new years money...

AND PLEASE BACK TO THE MAIN POINT!!!

Yep i saw those photos of last years sale-horrible-long line waiting outside-cramp area etc. but i still feel ur best bet is a stratocaster or tele........