I'm looking into getting a new amp as soon as someone buys my Ashdown (link to eBay auction's in the sig if you want to check it out...).

I play metal mainly and I'm looking for an Iced Earth type of crunchy sound; like on 'Deciples of the Lie'; with at least passable cleans and maybe even access to a good bluesy tone, although that certainly isn't a must; the only real; sticking point is the distortion as I'm very particular about my high-gain tone.

I think I should have a budget of around £500-600 and I'm perfectly willing to go used if need be, I just need suggestions of things to look out for; heads, combos anything.

One more thing: if any of you n00bs suggest Spiders or MGs I will ignore you completely.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You know you want that Spider III halfstack...

Perhaps something from Engl? Or one of the Laneys (GH50?)? I'm not sure if it's quite the tone you're after, but I saw a video of the Engl Fireball on Youtube and it sounded like what I think you're after...but my mind is probably one of the worst things to go by these days, so...
Quote by Denthúl
You know you want that Spider III halfstack...

Perhaps something from Engl? Or one of the Laneys (GH50?)? I'm not sure if it's quite the tone you're after, but I saw a video of the Engl Fireball on Youtube and it sounded like what I think you're after...but my mind is probably one of the worst things to go by these days, so...

ENGLs are probably a good choice but a bit pricey; I was gauging for other, less expensive, options. The Laney would also probably be a good choice but I'm not sure if it has the kind of voicing that I want.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Sorry mods/admins but I can either bump this or create a new thread: it's up to you.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.