Ok, besides the pickup configurations and the finish and of course the price, what is the difference between the 3 guitars? Especially the s520 and the s320. Does the higher front number indicate that it's superior? As in s5xx better than s3xx?
My Gear:
Epiphone LP Black Beauty (2007)| Washburn WM24K (2008)| Ibanez Iceman IC300 (2003)| Ibanez GRX40 (2004) w Gold Lace Sensors| Roland Microcube| Marshall G10MK.II Amp| Zoom G2.1u| BOSS Metal Zone

Yes, I am a simple guy.
Trim is mainly the difference between 320 and 520. If you look at the specs, both have the same hardware - ZR, Wizard II neck, infinity pickups, but 520 has a custom inlay and covered pickups. That's pretty much it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Trim is mainly the difference between 320 and 520. If you look at the specs, both have the same hardware - ZR, Wizard II neck, infinity pickups, but 520 has a custom inlay and covered pickups. That's pretty much it.

Pifty is the chap to listen to.
Quote by areola
Ok, besides the pickup configurations and the finish and of course the price, what is the difference between the 3 guitars? Especially the s520 and the s320. Does the higher front number indicate that it's superior? As in s5xx better than s3xx?

I also saw your post on Ibanez. As far as I can tell, with the current lineup, they pretty much have all the same parts, except the S320 has 2 humbuckers, with a weathered mahogony body, the S470(DXQM) have the H-S-H setup along with a quilted maple top (also wth fretboard binding), and the S520 has simple colors, H-H setup with Emg designed ibanez pups.
Quote by Ljk825
S520 has simple colors, H-H setup with Emg designed ibanez pups.
Naw, 520s still come with infinities. It's the 620s that get the EMG-lets.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
s320 has a crappy paint job. i would splash out for the next one up for that reason alone (s470) but to answer your question it's simply appearance.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by pifty
Naw, 520s still come with infinities. It's the 620s that get the EMG-lets.

Thank you, I stand corrected.
Also, S320s are made in indonesia, S470s are made in Korea.. People say Korea factory is better but I didn't try, so yeah..
Quote by pifty

You're right, but because the 520EX is a more expensive / "better" model it will have higher quality control - better wood and stuff like that. Oh, and it also has black hardware, which I think is awesome. But yeah, they're all good models.
Quote by tigerking615
...because the 520EX is a more expensive / "better" model it will have higher quality control - better wood and stuff like that.

What makes you think so?

Quote by nicklessguy
Also, S320s are made in indonesia, S470s are made in Korea..

This be false. Haven't seen a 320 with anything but a C serial, and for a reason.

My my, this thread is older than the pyramids and Les Paul combined.
Quote by pifty
What makes you think so?

This be false. Haven't seen a 320 with anything but a C serial, and for a reason.

My my, this thread is older than the pyramids and Les Paul combined.

I know I know!