yea our bassist keeps making excuses not to come to practice, u think we can play the trooper by iron maiden with just drummer, 2 guitars, singer and no bassist? oh yea and no one else plays bass so replace is not an option
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
yeah you can, why not learn bass and find a new guitar player?
If he's just making excuses then he obviously doesn't want to be in the band.

Confront him about it. Let's hear what he has to say for himself.
no i like guitar more cuz bass dont have awesome solos to play lol u think a pretty noobie guy can learn that song on bass in a few wks though?

Quote by jravolta

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee

Quote by magnum1117
nothing wrong with playing bass and guitar too. you can solo on bass , yeah it could be learnt in a day or so
i think a couple weeks would be more then generous if you were to ask some one to learn it. I just taught my self the majority of the trooper last night before i went to bed...now i just have to work on the solos

and dont diss bass...i jam with a bassist and i would rather let him take lead becuase when he does it is incredible
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
i know but i like the trooper solo so no base for me...

Quote by jravolta

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee

Quote by magnum1117
ok ill see but i dont think he wants to either lol and ^^^ i wasnt dissing bass i was just saying that i dont wanna play. thnx for the help anyways guys and ill try to find a bass, but if i rly cant, u think the song will sound that much worse without a bass?

Quote by jravolta

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee

Quote by magnum1117
it wouldnt make much difference i dont think, its deffo playable with out a bass
k thnx

Quote by jravolta

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee

Quote by magnum1117
Quote by musicfreak003
no i like guitar more cuz bass dont have awesome solos to play lol u think a pretty noobie guy can learn that song on bass in a few wks though?

Wow.

Actually forget what I said. I honestly can't blame him for not wanting to be in a band with you.
No it will NOT sound as good without a bass. You will lose all of the depth that the bass brings to the song, and believe it or not, your tune will also lose the BASS frequencies of the music. So no, get a bassist or don't play it.
and dont just by an octave pedal...i hate when people say that is the solution to not having a bassist...its not the same thing
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
Id say it would be hard without the bass over the lead bit before the verses, but myself a drummer and a singer did the wickerman by ourselves and it didnt turn out too bad. It wasnt very good but not bad. Id say try get him in on playing it if not try get someone else. Its an easy enough song on bass. Its the just the galoping rythym sort of thing thats hard to get.
im just gonna say that bass makes the trooper, its pretty essential to the song imo
Quote by Taylz24
im just gonna say that bass makes the trooper, its pretty essential to the song imo

Bass is essential to Iron Maiden full stop, especially as it sometimes acts as a rhythm guitar when the two guitars are doing harmonies.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
First of all, a band without a bassist on ANY song is a joke.
Second, honestly if your grammar is reflective of your character then I dont blame the guy.
Third, learning to play the bass from the guitar is easy, its like a guitar without chords, just think more... support not lead and youll have it.
Quote by bandersong
First of all, a band without a bassist on ANY song is a joke.
Second, honestly if your grammar is reflective of your character then I dont blame the guy.
Third, learning to play the bass from the guitar is easy, its like a guitar without chords, just think more... support not lead and youll have it.

uhh the white stripes are no joke.
Many songs won't sound the same without out bass i've never heard the song your talking about but if the bass guitar is very noticable obviously you will need a bass player. But to make your own music in genral a bass player isn't required.
Quote by Lendorav

Wow.

Actually forget what I said. I honestly can't blame him for not wanting to be in a band with you.

Because i play guitar, and i actually stick with it. If everyone just went oh I'm gonna try a new instrument, and the bassist starts playing guitar the drummer starts playing bass and the singer plays something else then a band wont be going anywhere. And I'm not made of money, i can't go out and buy a bass just like that...

Quote by jravolta

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee

Quote by magnum1117
Hilarious.

I have done the song without a bassist, way back in high school, year 9. No singer either, for that matter. It worked, but only as far as the rehearsal room. I didn't really step out with it, and now I'm glad we didn't, as I've come to appreciate the use/role of bass guitars.

I think for practise, it's ok. But please don't perform it. By your grammar I'll assume you're in school. Anyone listening/watching and is knowledgeable in Maiden will rip your guts out. Or at least I hope they would slander you repetitively for stupidity.
Quote by musicfreak003
Because i play guitar, and i actually stick with it. If everyone just went oh I'm gonna try a new instrument, and the bassist starts playing guitar the drummer starts playing bass and the singer plays something else then a band wont be going anywhere. And I'm not made of money, i can't go out and buy a bass just like that...

The money issue is the only logical argument you've made. Bass isn't that much different from guitar. Any guitarist knows most of the basics already, whether they realize it or not. Especially if they can fingerpick.

Quote by musicfreak003

This is the reason why he's saying he doesn't blame the guy, and I agree with him. If you play guitar just to solo and be the center of attention, sell your guitar now. You're just an egotistical prick, from what I can tell.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Black Star
The money issue is the only logical argument you've made. Bass isn't that much different from guitar. Any guitarist knows most of the basics already, whether they realize it or not. Especially if they can fingerpick.

This is the reason why he's saying he doesn't blame the guy, and I agree with him. If you play guitar just to solo and be the center of attention, sell your guitar now. You're just an egotistical prick, from what I can tell.

ok fine the solo thing went a bit too far but wat i was tryna say is that i play guitar cuz i like it, which is y i chose guitar over bass in the first place, so y should i not perform guitar?

Quote by jravolta

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee

Quote by magnum1117
ok u definitely need a bassist as pointed out by sum dude above me so try to recruit someone TRY...