I had a quick look with the search bar but was unable to unearth anything......

So does anyone else here read many "Graphic Novels"? Which ones are your favourites? Who are your favourite artists/story tellers?

I'm currently collecting the 100 Bullets and Constantine books. I particularly love the Constantine arc by Mike Carey where the demon Rosacarnis manipulates Constantine in order to sire children by him, so they gain his "unique characteristics".....

My favourite artist is Leonardo Manco for his highly detailed style, absolutely fantastic!

Anyways, share your thoughts and opinons!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Don't you mean Hellblazer?

I read a lot. I don't tend to buy the graphic novels unless I'm way past being able to get the comics. I have all of Preacher, Sin City and The Crow and also have Maus.

As for comics, well at the moment I'm reading both Punisher runs, Amazing Spiderman, Captain America and Ennis' newest creation The Boys.

As you can probably tell, Garth Ennis is one of my favourite writers as is Frank Miller and Stracinski or whatever his name is that currently writes for ASM.

Oh and I'll buy anything with Deadpool in for a giggle.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
My favourite series is the Walking Dead Series, or almost anything by Frank Miller.
I especially love the Dark Knight Returns and 300.
I also love the Sandman series, written by Neil Gaiman.
Quote by Rankles
Don't you mean Hellblazer?

I read a lot. I don't tend to buy the graphic novels unless I'm way past being able to get the comics. I have all of Preacher, Sin City and The Crow and also have Maus.

As for comics, well at the moment I'm reading both Punisher runs, Amazing Spiderman, Captain America and Ennis' newest creation The Boys.

As you can probably tell, Garth Ennis is one of my favourite writers as is Frank Miller and Stracinski or whatever his name is that currently writes for ASM.

Oh and I'll buy anything with Deadpool in for a giggle.

Yeah, but if I say that most people tend to say "what the hell is hellblazer?"

Garth Ennis is a fantastic writer, he always seems to find new and interesting directions in which to take the characters he writes for, whilst ensuring they remain true to their roots.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

^ You read through Preacher? It's epic. I hear his Hellblazer run was pretty ace too.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
No, it's one I keep meaning to get into, but every time I go to get some something else catches my eye! And yeah, his Hellblazer run is pretty immense!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Ive got all of preacher
first 5 runs of punisher MAX
lots of marvel knights punisher
100 bullets which is ****in awesome
V
daredevil
all of sin city
i have a great one called Childs Play which is Frank millers very own daredevil Vs punisher
got the tyger
got the cell
got welcome back frank
got Jonny the homicidal maniac directors cut
got all four original punisher POV
kabuki circle of blood
god speed
30 DAYS OF NIGHT 1+2 need the third and the one shots.
walking dead

i seriously need to finish up my kabuki set and get the last few hundreed bullets but my collection is pretty sweet.

got a few pretty rare sets like.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
i love comics and gnovs anything grant morrison has a hand in is alright by me also love runaways, walking dead, y the last man all star superman hellboy (duncan fergrado is a good mate so kinda bias) list is endless
best gnov has to be we3 and watchmen check em out
Quote by robertreilly666
Ive got all of preacher
first 5 runs of punisher MAX
lots of marvel knights punisher
V
daredevil
all of sin city
i have a great one called Childs Play which is Frank millers very own daredevil Vs punisher
got the tyger
got the cell
got welcome back frank
got Jonny the homicidal maniac directors cut
got all four original punisher POV
kabuki circle of blood
god speed
30 DAYS OF NIGHT 1+2 need the third and the one shots.
walking dead

i seriously need to finish up my kabuki set and get the last few hundreed bullets but my collection is pretty sweet.

got a few pretty rare sets like.

Cool a Punisher fan.

I've got Volume 1, most of Volume 2, half of War Journal, half of War Zone, most of Volume 3, all of the Marvel knights run and Welcome Back Frank and all the MAX series to date.

Love me some Punisher.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by kainique
i love comics and gnovs anything grant morrison has a hand in is alright by me also love runaways, walking dead, y the last man all star superman hellboy (duncan fergrado is a good mate so kinda bias) list is endless
best gnov has to be we3 and watchmen check em out

anything moore had a hand in is usually golden.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Ive used to read x-men on a regular basis in the 90's. I got the first volume of Y: the last man recently (about time)
Quote by Rankles
Cool a Punisher fan.

I've got Volume 1, most of Volume 2, half of War Journal, half of War Zone, most of Volume 3, all of the Marvel knights run and Welcome Back Frank and all the MAX series to date.

Love me some Punisher.

got warzone havent got the war journal yet because i want it in hardback, nearly all my stuff that isnt singles is hardback.

my next buy is gonna be the hardback of MOUSE GUARD!
Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by robertreilly666

Yes. Yes it is!

Lono FTW!!!

Croatoa!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

My faves all time:
Watchmen
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Rising Stars

Current ongoing:
100 Bullets
- its quite a series, especially now nearing the end.

Fables
- doesnt really hook you in on the first couple of trades, but it grows on you, especially trade number 4.

Walking Dead
- was once the best series in my list, but its kinda been dragging, imo, in book6. its still one of the best in the market right now.

Astro City
- the hero fanboy in me just loves this.

*imo its better to get the trades on these.

Other that would come to mind:
Fell - probably the best comic for the buck right now.
Thunderbolts
Captain America - for a title where the lead is dad, this is causing quite a stir.

Fave Writer: Warren Ellis & J. Michael Straczynski
Fave Artist: Gary Frank
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
this thread has died to hard for my liking...has anyone read Loeb/Sale's three-run batman series?
I got the second today, and its pretty good.
All I've read is Johnny the Homicidal Maniac Director's Cut which is amazing. I also want to read the Armory Wars series.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
I read a lot of Marvel stuff. X-Men, Avengers, Thor, Iron Man. Also anything Batman related. Watchmen though is the best by far. If you read comics and haven't read it, do so. You won't regret it.
the last time i got some comics was in the summer. i really liked the teen titans series but it's kinda meh now. crisis on infinite earths was awesome
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
does anyone know if i can get paper that is premade with panels, or if there's software that will generate panels for me?

i havent read a whole lot, i want to get into graphic novels, but whenever i go to the store it seems like everything is manga, which im not into....

could you guys recommend me some 'western' graphic novels?