Nothing, I just feel excited about this... Any tips from other musicians????

BTW We will be covering paramore songs...
be confidant and remeber people are there to see you and enjoy your music if you show that you are having a good time it will come across and the audiance will have a good time
hope it goes well for mate
i get paramore confused with flyleaf alot, so my advice is don't play songs by the one that sucks, cause one of them does
Be well practiced. Do a good sound check. Have a play list and stick to it. That's not to say you can't deviate if a request is made, but stick to it. Don't stand around talking between songs. Make your introductions or comments and move into the next song. People tend to get disinterested and think you're unprofessional. Mingle between sets and listen to people's feedback. Get on stage and start the next set don't stand around cutting up.

I run sound for a local club. The gaps and goofing off between songs and sets tend to turn people off. I've experienced it first hand. Good luck!!
Remember, if you play with no trousers on, then everyone will love you, your performance will be a hit, you'll go on to play Paramore songs supporting the real paramore because you're so good.

Or you'll just get booed and laughed at for having a tiny wang, but it doesnt matter, good each way.
Last edited by minibrowny at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by minibrowny
Remember, if you play with no trousers on, then everyone will love you, your performance will be a hit, you'll go on to play Paramore songs supporting the real paramore because you're so good.

Or you'll just get booed and laughed at for having a tiny wang, but it doesnt matter, good each way.

remember dropping your trousers does not deploy star power!!!

and paramore songs? do you have a girl as lead singer?
yeah my band has its first gig at a local venue on saturday night.

I'm scared
Phew, for a minute there I thought you were going to cancel.

Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
If you have a female singer, make her take her top off.

The crowd will love you!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
impaling people on your guitar always makes for a good show!
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
have fun, enjoy it as it will seem to pass in an instant
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Drink some beer, chill out and do your stuff man. They probably won't hear it if you miss a note anyways.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Exactly. Wtf are people doing playing music when they could be playing Halo 3?

We have lives?
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Thanks to all the replies... And 'bout halo 3.... WE'LL RATHER PLAY OUR FREAKING MUSIC THAN PlaY HALO 3.... wERE about to ROCk. hehehe>>>>
Last edited by output24 at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by auditorylove
if you are still really, really nervous when you get on stage, refrain from any and all small talk in between songs.

It's true. I smalled talked all the way through my first set and it was so bad, and so lousy, and so embarassing. I actually heard someone in the audience say "can we just hear the song?"

So no banter unless you're really good at it or just that comfortable with it.

Other than that be sure of what you're going to be playing before you get up there, write down the list and everything. If you make a mistake just move on and keep going. I also find it helps if I remind myself that I've done this a thousand times alone in my room before, and this is no different. (more applicable if you're singing but still).

No originals?
Quote by Metal_Rich
If you have a female singer, make her take her top off.

The crowd will love you!

no, they'll love "her".
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard