I've just inherrited an electric guitar from my uncle and i want to know more about it.

for the past couple of years i've been mucking about on an acoustic so i know nothing about electrics, all i can tell you is it's a les paul designed ibanez Deluxe 59'er model that my uncle got some time in the 70's. couldnt tell the wood it's made from but it's fairly dark (could be rosewood).

anyway i just wanted to know if anyone can tell me more about it, is it any good (feels alright to me but i wouldnt trust myself to make that call)? does it exist or is it some crapy hunk of wood someone slaped the word ibanez onto? preety much anything you can tell me would be welcome.

cheers
Pics would be a great help to everyone. Also if there's any serial numbers, say on the back of the headstock, they would help aswell.
It's probably one of their lawsuit models, I think Paul Gilbert has one (but than again, what Ibanez doesn't he have). Anyway, the wood is probably mahogany, since rosewood guitars are quite uncommon. If I were you I'd post it on the Ibanez forums (ibanez.com > country: USA > find the forum button).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by maddenaw
I've just inherrited an electric guitar from my uncle and i want to know more about it.

for the past couple of years i've been mucking about on an acoustic so i know nothing about electrics, all i can tell you is it's a les paul designed ibanez Deluxe 59'er model that my uncle got some time in the 70's. couldnt tell the wood it's made from but it's fairly dark (could be rosewood).

anyway i just wanted to know if anyone can tell me more about it, is it any good (feels alright to me but i wouldnt trust myself to make that call)? does it exist or is it some crapy hunk of wood someone slaped the word ibanez onto? preety much anything you can tell me would be welcome.

cheers

Bolt on neck? Rosewood bound fretboard? FM top? Uncovered pickups? Then it's a model 2340, which by all accounts should be a nice guitar as Ibanez lawsuit guitars were. They were LP copies, so I'm pretty positive they're mahogany. Official Ibanez literature doesn't extend that far in the past to check. The year should be mid-70s (72 to 76-ish).
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
sorry about that

this is the closest example i could find (attached) its just about spot on execpt some small things like the brand name on the head stock.

also if it'll help there the number F760556 on the back of the body as well as "made in japan".

Like i said i'm preety green when it comes to electric guitars so bare with me.

thanks for everything so far.
Attachments:
large_1.1.1.1.1-6-2425.jpg
Last edited by maddenaw at Sep 24, 2007,
So that makes it a '76. Nice guitar, I'm sure.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!