Me and my mate were talking about love songs the other day. I thinkl it is hard to write a love song without hitting the cliches and it coming across a bit femme; he disagreed. I tried this song but i found I couldn't escape those traps; he says he will post one soon. I just want you guys to have a look.

verse

I saw the sadness lines
the sorrow in your eyes
I saw your spirit gone
but I loved you all along

and I never meant to do it
that girl just seemed to be there
and I could never stop it
and I swear, I swear

now tell me did your heart break
I thought I heard it crack
tell me did your knees shake
did a chill crawl up your back
when you found out i lied
did you see her picture in your mind

verse 2

we started off well
I even loved your smell
I loved your dark hair
and I didn't want to share

and I never meant to do it
that girl just seemed to be there
and I could never stop it
and I swear, I swear

now tell me did your heart break
I thought I heard it crack
tell me did your knees shake
did a chill crawl up your back
when you found out i lied
did you see her picture in your mind

I could write on but i ain't feeling it, which is my point about love songs. plus i have a toothache and can't be assed.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.
it's actualy a pretty good song considering the fact that 'your not feeling it'

the title is very britney spearish, not sure if it was intended or not.
I like this. Reading it, I feel like it could fit in to any genre from country, to pop, maybe even a power ballad? It's awesome how some people can take even the silliest/ least normal topics and make songs out of them that make sense.
i actually really like it. i agree, change the title . other than that it's realllly good. the long stanza/chorus thing is my favorite, it really seems to have a great flow and i just really didn't see much wrong with it. i kinda agree you'll have some cliche moments and all but this was pulled off verrry well. could you crit blink? it's in my sig.
you are seven years too late for that to be a legitimate title.

it seems really insincere - oops I cheated again is not how I would break the bad news to a girl. and the chorus kind of rubs it in a little. the I swear, I swear is incredibly unconvincing. (if someone's saying to you over and over they swear do you believe them?)

but then I got to thinking maybe that's the point
maybe this guy's cheating on her for a reason despite what he's saying in this piece.
which would be pretty cool. though it's not perfect - I don't like the first stanza of the second verse at all - but pretty cool.

the one thing I'm going to suggest in this is taking out seemed. she didn't seem to be there. she was there. he ****ed her. put she was just there or something of that nature. trust.
love dead like a crushed fly

for those of you who said you'd be interested in hearing my lyrics put to music- I started work on recording an album, if you get in touch with me pm or otherwise I'd be more than happy to fill you in
With regards to the title, i didn't have one so just wrote something that vaugly fit the song. I hate titles.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.