Happy Monday everyone.

Here's the deal. I'm almost certainly getting the Washburn X50 Pro from GAK in about a week as a guitar to simply keep in Drop C (or another low tuning) with fairly heavy strings, for metal. Is this a good idea? Is there another guitar that would suit the purpose better? If this is ideal, some string recommendations would be fantastic. Thanks in advance for your help.
Sounds fine, it's a solid guitar. If you're gonna keep it in Drop C try 12s. I'd recommend 12s. My favourite strings are GHS - bright, resonant, cheap and don't rust very fast at all.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^Thanks MrCarrot 12s sound interesting. It'll probably be more for "chuggachuggachugga" rhythm style playing than high-pitched solos or whatever, so heavy strings would be ideal really. I'll look into them mate. Anyone else?
well my Ibanez RG1570 has light top/heavy bottom D'addario strings , my guitar is in Drop C# and it's tight as hell.
Orange Enthousiast.
yeah, im using the ernie ball beefy slinky set (11 guage) at the moment and it works great for drop c and even fro drop b but the washburn should be fine for it
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
^Thanks MrCarrot 12s sound interesting. It'll probably be more for "chuggachuggachugga" rhythm style playing than high-pitched solos or whatever, so heavy strings would be ideal really. I'll look into them mate. Anyone else?
12s sound perfect then. There will be enough tension I think, I use 12s on my acoustic in standard and they're pretty tense so I imagine it'd work great. Especially considering how they have such an amazing tone compared to the cheesewires on my Strat.
^ £5 a pack? I got a 3pack for £6 from Germany. Try stringbusters, I use them occasionally, nice and cheap: http://www.stringbusters.com/frameset.asp?MAIN=http://www.stringbusters.com/ko-kat/ELECTRIC%20STRINGS/GHS/

And yeah, the 12-52s.

DYL means dynamite alloy, it's what GHS call their wound string material. I dunno what they put in them but they're the nicest strings I ever bought...
^My hero

Thanks for the site rec mate. I'll be honest, I flinched a bit when I read Dynamite Alloy but then my brain figured out what was going on I figure I'll get a pack or two of those and probably a pack of each of the other recommendations, just to try out.

I should maybe look at the guitar a bit more, all I can think of at the moment is the strings and they might be a bit hard to play without the guitar to put them on
Quote by joeymaxx
Yeah 12's sound good,
I'd get it proffesionally set up (if you don't know how) because you on't want your neck to get all warped.

I'm getting a little scared now

I was wondering how the neck would take it. I think the X50 Pro is only a set neck too. Maybe 11s would be a little kinder to it...
it will be fine with 12s tuned in drop c, 12s in standard would be pushing it, but 12s in drop c won't be a problem for it at all.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...