hey folks,

im in search of an effect-pedal
im trying to get near the sound of metallica, Randy Rhoads, Led Zeppelin...
i already have the metal muff...but im not that satisfied with it;
its a good pedal but not for the stuff im playing; it produces a loud screamy noise, which
is perfect for trash metal; but im searching for a...more beatiful tone...good pinch harmonics should be possible as well as a good palm mutted sound

hope you can help me!

and please excuse my english
Maybe buy an EQ and keep the metal muff, that'll get good tones if you fiddle with it.
What amp have you got?

And there are some good suggestions .
Last edited by blue_strat at Sep 24, 2007,
well thats the problem...i only have a voxad50vt...i know not perfect for any pedals, but thats all i have...i just looked around and found the Wylde Overdrive Pedal (i ****ing love him) and the big d...would you consider this as a good buy?
Last edited by dickeskind at Sep 24, 2007,
If you can't get the tones you're talking about from that amp then there's something wrong with you...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
you cant get any metal tones out of the vox!
and with the metal muff you can, but the tone is too much screamy and loud and i want something more beautiful
You didn't ask for metal tones - you mentioned Led Zeppelin and Rhandy Rhoads ffs! The Vox will do a pretty good fist of their tones on its own, you certainly won't get any closer with a pedal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by dickeskind
ok im talking about metallica, black sabbath and Rhandy Rhoads!
and the do play metal!!!

Maybe, but other than Metallica you're talking pretty old-school tones there, the Vox can do them fine.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Maybe, but other than Metallica you're talking pretty old-school tones there, the Vox can do them fine.

Agreed, just tweak around with the amp a load and see what you can get.

And can't you tweak the Metal Muff so it isn't so screamy?
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
ok the problem with the vox is, that you cant do a good sounding palm muting and pinch harmonics....with the metal muff you can, but the sound is not so melodic as i want it to be...yes melodic was the word i was searching for...of course you can play around with the metal muff but you will always get the same kind of tone out of it...i want something more melodic!!!
Last edited by dickeskind at Sep 24, 2007,
The melody in your sound comes from the way you play, not your gear. Try practicing a lot more. A new pedal won't make you play any better.
sansamp gt-2 man. you'll never need another pedal again.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by dickeskind
ok the problem with the vox is, that you cant do a good sounding palm muting and pinch harmonics....with the metal muff you can, but the sound is not so melodic as i want it to be...yes melodic was the word i was searching for...of course you can play around with the metal muff but you will always get the same kind of tone out of it...i want something more melodic!!!

The vox most deffinately can do good sounding palm mutes and pinch harmonics like crazy, even better than my 5150 sometimes...

What settings do you use on the Vox?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
try a Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer through it, you'll get what you want
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
Quote by dickeskind

Can't get good palm mute sound with a Vox? What are your mids at?
of course you can get palm mutes out of the vox, but compared to the metal muff its nothing!!!
the fact is that i want the sound from the vox (with a little metal touch) and the pinch harmonics and palm mutes from the metal muff...is that possible?

btw my vox settings are as follow:
- amptype: Boutique
- gain: 11 '
- volume: 11'
- treble: 12'
- middle: 3'
- bass: 10'
- master: 3'

metal muff settings:
volume: 5'
everything else around 12'
isnt there a pedal, which helps me to get better pinch harmonics and palm mutts out of my Vox?

i was thinking of the Wylde Overdrive Pedal, but it should only be any good for tube amps...
Quote by add45
And can't you tweak the Metal Muff so it isn't so screamy?

Sure can. The EQ bands on those pedals are really powerfull, so you can pull the edge off the top by cutting the Treble. Also, that pedal has a top boost. Cutting the Top Boost down, or off, and you'll get a much smoother, less screamy distortion.
Quote by mothership
sansamp gt-2 man. you'll never need another pedal again.

does it come with power adaptor? and does it run on 9v batteries?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
does it come with power adaptor? and does it run on 9v batteries?

no it doesnt come with a power adaptor, but yes, you can run it on batteries or any standard 9v pedal adaptor like One-spot.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers