...appears not to be working. Both leads work fine when it is just guitar and amp - when I put a DS-1 in the middle, no sound seems to be coming out of the amplifier. I have changed the battery, but I still have the same problem. What to do?! (the pedal is relatively new - one month old :/)

many thanks

Michal
return it and get a new one. boss pedals have a 5 year warranty
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
and does the led light come up when u stomp on it. if not then theres no power if it is on then there's probally a bad jack or something
Quote by riffmasterjosh
and does the led light come up when u stomp on it. if not then theres no power if it is on then there's probally a bad jack or something

light comes on, I think i'm as baffled as you are.
sorry if i'm insulting your intelligence but this happens sometimes make sure the knobs are up and ur guitar volume is up and amp volume. turn it on and when the led light comes up and u hear nothing then u got a bad pedal. i'm sure u've tried this before but just trying to help
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
is the 'level' up?

and yes the level is up - but even when the pedal is off, i hear nothing; it's as if the pedal is blocking out all sound....
Are the leads plugged into the right jacks?

I have made that mistake MANY times...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Boss pedals are wired so that they don't turn on without a cord in the input jack, and they have a bypass that would let sound go through if its not turned on. Assuming that its powered, which you say it is, then my first guess would be the leads going to the output jack.
But it'd be easiest to just cash in on the warrenty.
^stereo jacks work... stereo plugs might not im not sure.

i say the leads are in the wrong way, or ur amp's volume isn't up, or ur guitar's volume isn't up.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard