Basically you post what amplifiers you have, which ones you prefer, what you like about it and what its good for, also amps you seriously don't recommend and why.

Idea is for people to have a better knowledge of amps, including me ^^

Sorry if this has already been done somebody just let me know if it has.

Anyways i use a marshall mg30 guitar amplifier, its not terrible in tone n the gain is ok when its not cranked right up, i'd say its worth what i payed.
Ooo! What part from South Wales you from? any ways moving on I have a Marshall Mg10 (that I don't use) and a Spider III 75. Yeah whats wrong with the sound of mud?!
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Holy ****!!!

Three in a row!!!

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Fender Bullet 15 DSP - Very nice cleans and decent crunch for a small SS amp. Good effects too.

Marshall DSL401 - Good Marshall crunch, can do metal and hard rock fairly well, though lots of background noise when the gain is too high (I may just need a noise gate though).

Peavey Classic - Nice cleans, very responsive. Can be very bassy and middy, but the tremolo is a nice feature.

Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25 - Great cleans, great crunch, awesome lead tones. You get what you pay for. Great that you can switch between 5 watts and 25 watts; Contour function is useful on the footswitch.

Wouldn't recommend : Marshall MG30DFX - The effects are alright, but compared to a valve amp, it's very unresponsive; crunch isn't as good as the DSL401.
i have a mesa nomad 100 right now

gonna pick up a matamp 4x12 soon, and maybe a stiletto deuce for my el34 side.

the nomad is like a recto and iv.
recto in the sence that it sounds very similar, but the leads have a violin like quality of the IV, and the graphic eq helps too.

great, great mesa boogie combo, amazing cleans with a really petrucci like tone to the dirty side, tightens up like HELL with a nice od infront.

the deuce is what i belive to be a mesa'd marshall
the tone is large, crunchy and barky, hence the el34.
it has that growl that 6l6 lack and its great for metal.
cleans are great but not like the nomad sadly..

nomad shines through c90 speakers, the deuce through v30's

laney AOR series II
my first tube amp, fantastic amp through c90 and v30 speakers expecially!
its similar to a jcm800 but has more depth to the dirty tone, more balls and growl.
think tool when its driven by a nice o/d.

cleans are great, warm and clear.

downside of this amp is the lack of versatility for me, it is shared EQ 2 channels which can be a pain for somthing like metal, but its fine for general rock.
Last edited by godofshred at Sep 24, 2007,
Orange Rocker 30 combo with Eminence Red Fang and a Laney TT50H with a 2x12 cab.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by guitar is yummy
Ooo! What part from South Wales you from?

not far from newport lol
ashdown mag -300 410 combo coming tomoro

p.s. the thread starter has a large nose
Quote by badgerific
ashdown mag -300 410 combo coming tomoro

p.s. the thread starter has a large nose

mehehehehe ur rite his nose is big

edit: i have a pooey standr cruiser by crafter amp... 1o watt..... BUT i do have a roland 20 on the way
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
Marshall MG50DFX - I've previously owned this amp and I miss it, it wiped the floor with the POS I have now, which I think I'm gonna trade for a brand new MG100HDFX in the near future.

Orange Rockerverb 50 - My current and most horrible amp I've ever played. As I said before I might trade it in soon.
These go to eleven...
marshall jcm900
harley benton GA5
orange microcrush! yea!

jim, what don't you like about the RV50? i tried one and loved it to death! wana sell it for *thinks* £500?!
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by Gabel
^He's joking....

lol...

I have amps, and a Fender Blues Junior on order.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by steven seagull
Me too

I don't.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Fender Blues Deluxe
i own this amp and i'm very pleased with it. amazing cleans, infact one of the best clean sounds i've ever heard. the overdrive channel is average-good, it's pretty low gain though. I compared the Blues Deluxe to a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and the cleans were fairly similar compared to the BD, but the overdrive was bad. the blues deluxe has much better overdriven tones. the BD's cleans are a tad more compressed, and the overall sound is a bit warmer than the HR.

Great cleans and fairly good OD, I recommend it.
Last edited by The red Strat. at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by hairball
jim, what don't you like about the RV50? i tried one and loved it to death! wana sell it for *thinks* £500?!
Aww, I feel bad for getting you all excited now.
These go to eleven...
Mojave Scorpion 50W- Non-master volume, very similar to Marshall plexi but built bulletproof. Nails old plexi tone & then some. Used w/ a ProCo Rat, completely rips ass. Gets a little smoother & less edgy tone than my other amp.----->
Soldano SLO 100-Gets just about any metal tone you'd ever want. Absolutely snarling levels of gain. It's taken me a while to get used to the amp's touch sensitivity, but the more I play it the more I love it. Takes a while to dial in optimum tones w/ different guitars/pickups, but when it's dialed in, it's fantastic.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Framus Cobra: Well, just pure heaven. Unfortunatly there are always some (few) people who don't like them "that" much ("too expensive etc."), but most of them just don't know how to use them (needs a higher bias, V30, distortion volume needs to be at about 3:00, etc.).
Really great cleans. And I'm not talking about Engl cleans, MKIV cleans or whatever. These are MUCH better. Distortion is so great, much much better than any Mesa or Engl I've played.
Does low gain REALLY great when you know what you are doing.
Very versatile.
AWESOME amp.
But I'll buy a Plexi-like Class A amp anyway for these typical leads (I'll A/B them). They are not better, just different.
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
Last edited by Philipp Sobecki at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by hairball
marshall jcm900
harley benton GA5
orange microcrush! yea!

how's that GA5 compare to the VJ (if you know) i'm very tempted to get one as a xmas present from my girlfriend
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
line 6 spider and MG- best amps on earth i love them! best distortion ever