Just kicking around some ideas...for about 300 bucks, how about a Pocket POD into a Palomino V8?

Any thoughts on this combo? I've read good stuff about both and was thinking it'd be a better alternative to a Spider III in terms of versatility and sound quality. Will it be able to do very high gain (like the insane settings on the Spider)? Wouldl it kill the tube quality of the amp?
Well I have played the Pocket Pod...

Which IMO was really good.

Does the V8 have an fx loop?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Ok, just wanted to check, since then you could use the Pocker Pod as a preamp.

Anyway, maybe a Cube 60? They have a lot of gain. What do you play mostly?
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Most of the stuff I'm playing is...Opeth, Dark Tranquility, Sentenced, Insomnium and various other Scandinavian and Finnish metal bands...
Well then the V16 wouldn't handle it too well. I'd go with a Roland Cube.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I've got the Microcube, I'm pretty happy with it but honestly I'd like more gain and I'm afraid that the Cube 30 would be more of the same. I'm impatiently waiting for more Vox XL reviews and haven't had the chance to get to the store to play one.
This is kinda funny. I have the Palomino V8 and was just thinking about getting the pocket pod to use for head phones and maybe try with the palomino just to see what sounds i can get since i've read the pod is good. And the Palomino V8 has a line out that does double as a effects loop, all you need is a stereo to mono y cable.
What's the difference between the technology in the PODs and the Spiders? Why do the PODs get such good reviews while the amps get trashed?
It's mostly the nasty speakers that come with the spiders. With the line out, I think the spiders sound decent.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
get the crate and an od pedal, IMO. If you dont need it to be loud, that is
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50