Heya all

I play mainly acoustic so dont really know much about effects pedals and the like.

Recently bought a Boss Overdrive/Distortion pedal for my electric which is great for your kind of RATM, Tool, Audioslave type sound.

Anyone happen to have any advice on a pedal for playing more libertines/bloc party/pigeon detectives style "jangly guitar" type music?!

Have tried using the overdrive pedal that i have but it produces (surprisingly) too much distortion/OD!

Any help would be appreciated

Thx all
The sound you're looking for is in the amp. You just need an almost clean valve amp. Say a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, or Peavey Classic 30.
I have a Marshall MG something (about £150 amp) but cant seem to get a decent sound out of it, again its either just clean or distorted, even when using minimal gain etc?
Really you'd need a better amp but you could try the Boss/Fender pedals. Can't remember the exact name of the pedals but they're supposed to do what you want. There's a bassman model and a deluxe reverb model, i'm sure someone else will tell you more about them anyway
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Yeah, you have a terrible amp there. Is the pedal an OS-2? If it is, turn the drive knob RIGHT down, keep your amp 'clean' (although MGs don't exactly 'do' clean..or anything, for that matter.), and put the tone knob at around 2/3 o'clock. Oh and the OD/Dist setting as far left as it can go.
Yeah bumped the amp off my dad a while back, its alright for really heavily overdriven songs (i guess, as i say just started playin electric a while back). The pedal is the OS-2 so have changed the settings to the ones you said above - and scaveged a battery from my flatmates remote and that sounds better, so its all the amp then you reckon?
Quote by weaseltron
Yeah bumped the amp off my dad a while back, its alright for really heavily overdriven songs (i guess, as i say just started playin electric a while back). The pedal is the OS-2 so have changed the settings to the ones you said above - and scaveged a battery from my flatmates remote and that sounds better, so its all the amp then you reckon?

The amp is your main concern, yes. If you're serious about going electric, you should look into a small tube combo, or at least a microcube or something (if you're tight on cash).