View poll results: Which song?
Sidewinder - Avenged Sevenfold
5 24%
Satch Boogie - Joe Satriani + another song
9 43%
Through The Fire and the Flames - Dragonforce
7 33%
Voters: 21.
At the moment I am doing A2 music (great subject) and I have been told to put together a performance that lasts at least 20 minutes. Now, I have about 13 minutes of what I'm going to play decided already but I need a further 7 minutes. Now I've narrowed it down to 3 choices of what to do (see poll above) but I can't decide which one to play so I turn to you, UG for help. And before you ask, I have the skill to play all the pieces, I just need to polish them up a little first so no need to doubt me (been playing 8 years).
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by steee21
I for one love Satch Boogie, so I would play that. But if it means learning another piece also, i dunno...

EDIT are you sure it's 20 minutes, because when I did mine last year I think it was 12 - 16 minutes.

I love Satch Boogie too. Amazing song but as you said, it would mean learning another song.
But, I'm pretty sure it's 20 minutes. My teacher read it out and said 20 minutes so it could be a different on different exam boards.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I'd go for Satch Boogie, mainly 'cause I think it would go down better with the examiners, but also because it's my favourite of those three songs.

Im on AQA, and mine has to be between 10-15 mins. I'm having a similar problem, where I can't decide what pieces to learn. I'm performing mine on classical guitar, and apparantly they need to be at least grade 5 standard, but for the top marks grade 7, and at the moment I'm only really grade 4 standard at classical. Anyone with any advice/tips would be great!
"Rock is the ONLY religion that never let's you down" - Lemmy (aka God)
Quote by Steve The Plank
I'm doing it too, I need 20 minutes of material. ****!

Btw, according to my music teacher, all the pieces you play have to be related in some way or another... So keep that in mind.

I'm thinking of learning some Dream Theater :/

I'm also doing some Dream Theater. Overture 1928. It's going to be the first one I play. Quite fitting because an overture is usually at the start of an opera or symphony.

Are you on Edexcel?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991