Quote by doovana
What is it?

its the same thing, some people call them valves and others call them tubes
There's no difference, one is more term is more commonly used in Britain and the other is more commonly used in USA
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
yanks call them tubes, the british call them valves, they're the same thing.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

oh right, well i've been looking at a Kustom Valve Amp 100 watts

£250

Anyone know if the amps ne good, cant remember the actuall name
Going by the information you've provided i'm guessing it's a hybrid amp (valve preamp or similar) which usually makes very little differnce to the overall sound.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Quote by doovana
oh right, well i've been looking at a Kustom Valve Amp 100 watts

£250

Anyone know if the amps ne good, cant remember the actuall name

i would never buy any amplifier made by kustom...
Gear
95' Fender Strat w/ Texas Specials
Crate 212xr
Fuzz Face
Crybaby
among other things
Quote by squier2088

why?
Quote by squier2088

Kustom valve amps aren't bad, they aren't anything particularly good either though.

I know their 10 watt solid state practice amps are really bad, but the Coupé series (all valve) are actually quite good.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Sep 24, 2007,
Quote by Blompcube
Kustom valve amps aren't bad, they aren't anything particularly good either though.

But are they better than say

A marshallMG 100DFX
Quote by doovana
But are they better than say

A marshallMG 100DFX

they are much better than a Marshall MG100DFX. let me repeat myself, MUCH MUCH better. what i mean is as far as valve amps go, there are better options if you are willing to pay a little more, but £250 is good for a Kustom IMO. I don't think you'll need 100 watts though, unless you really need the clean headroom.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

yeah the coupes are actually really nice, but in the UK they're like £900! compare that to about $900 in the US...

for £250 you could get a laney vc15, or if you can stretch to £300, a vc30. both nice amps for vintage british blues and classic to hard rock sounds. if you need a little more modern tones, a peavey valveking 112 might be worth considering (£300), or if you can wait a while, the peavey windsor studio may be worth considering (no-one has tried it yet, but on paper it looks good).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah the coupes are actually really nice, but in the UK they're like £900! compare that to about $900 in the US...

for £250 you could get a laney vc15, or if you can stretch to £300, a vc30. both nice amps for vintage british blues and classic to hard rock sounds. if you need a little more modern tones, a peavey valveking 112 might be worth considering (£300), or if you can wait a while, the peavey windsor studio may be worth considering (no-one has tried it yet, but on paper it looks good).

WTF! Theres a Coupé new in a store by me for £450 i think...

I bought a Kustom Solo 16 (30 watt practice amp) and I've had compliments on the tone on youtube. O_o I personally think it's a little too dark sounding and lacks treble but... not bad for 70 bucks. ^_^
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

seriously? maybe it's just the prices here which suck, then... if that's true (it's new, right?) i might have to start recommending it...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you can run to an extra £50 you can get the amp I'm selling: ashdown FA60DSP; it's exactly what you want and I'm selling it on eBay, the link's in my sig if you want to check it out.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.