Page 1 of 2
So my band had to recently kick out our second guitarist because he was not replying to txts about practice or turnin up to practice even though he knew about them.

So now he found out he's been kicked out and replaced him and his "crew" are coming down to our gig on saturday to fight me and then ruin the day by shouting and throwing stuff at me.

They aint bothered about hurting or embarrassing the rest of the band just me, I've emailed the guy organising it and asked him to not even let them in the door. However i feel they may still get in, if they do, what can i do to confront them?

I was thinking of doing something Josh Homme style, embarrassing them while I'm on stage, saying something like:

"woah woah stop the song, look as those f*ckin a***holes over there, u know u guys are the guys everyone makes fun of cos ur such loosers. instead of ruining everyones day why dont u go home and leave me some bebo or myspace abuse, cos its me uve got a problem with, not everyone else in the hall. so grow the f**k up you neds. Take it from the chorus boys!"

Im not a wee wimp or anything lol i just dont want them ruining the day.

Any thoughts on what i should do...?

I would try talking to them but all they understand is swear words and dope.

:S

Ta in advance
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
ha, yea what you typed is a great idea...it makes you sound intellegent and mature so you should show them up pretty good
Quote by TheHereAway
ha, yea what you typed is a great idea...it makes you sound intellegent and mature so you should show them up pretty good

hahahahahah.
aw, that could really be a bad scene it they didnt catch the sarcasm there..

im sure the bouncer will take care of them inside before it really becomes a problem. for after though, good luck. sounds like you might want to refrain from any on stage comments
''Thanks fella's, but I'm not really looking for any groupies at the moment''

Lulz commence.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
god j ho is such a beast.

but yeah, if you call em out, it could get worse for you later.
the way i see it, you might as well do something terrible to them on stage cause they'll be after you no matter what.
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
aint no bouncer cos its like a wee music festival in a pub type thing lol the closest thing to a bouncer is the people going to the event :S
Orinally Posted by HorridxHopes

This is the smartest question ever posted in the pit. I commend you.

I asked about theory of reality and this is what someone said to me!
What you typed my be a good idea, but right off the bat it is too planned. Just be the bigger man...or boy. Don't just call him out mid-song if he has not done anything. if he is being a prick, call him out. You may sound extremly lame, but if somebody actually wants to fight, calling them out will only piss them off more, they will take you at any point they can.
Do what you said, then tell the audience to express their feelings towards the gatecrashers with their fists. You'll start an intense mosh pit/riot which the bouncers will have to stop and it will be a night to remember for everyone.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
you could just play the best you've ever played and not let them phase you...doing the best performance of your life and leaving them like this >
Just say "This guy actually got kicked out of this band for being so terrible" or something like that.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Happy slap them and put it on you tube, and to recieve extra bonus points kung fu kick them in the balls old skool style.
Dude, I believe you will be in posession of a guitar while performing? The problem just solved itself!

I was talking about bashing the ex- guitarist's head in with it, for those who didn't understand
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

go on stage naked!

not that it helps your problem but it would just be good
I think you need to be REALLY popular to pull off something like that...otherwise you're risking the crowd walking out.
Stab him with a Razorback or Warlock, then hang him off the beams by a guitar cable.

Metal as ****
kick him in the nuts
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Do something like Maynard

He said "Throw that Bob Marley Mother****er out of here"

or

"You see a bunch of assholes living in this part of the building..just systematically remove them like you would any kind of roach or termite"
Fender Stratocaster,Yamaha ERG 121 and 5 other random low budget acoustics
Throw the bassist at them. Bonus points if you make any of them cry. If that fails, just buy em a drink, wait til they're done & glass 'em.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
what a dickhead of a guitarist you had!!
Good job kicking him out of your band! He wasn't fit to be in there anyway!
Honestly, just play an awsome show. If the audience is feeling your music they'll take care of the idiots in the crowd.
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
sort of unrelated.. but at a show the other day after a band played a short song, someone yelled "that's it?" and they shot back "yeah just like your girlfriends always saying to you" and i thought that was pretty amazing. so just in case they say something along those lines..
ok, really what you have to do is get the whole band together, stop acting like pussies, either you ignore him the whole time, or the second you see him you stop playing dont say anything and you and your band kick their asses, I bet they wont mess with you after that and it wouldnt hurt to use drum sticks and anything close as a weapon, if you warned the owner you wont get into trouble!
Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are
I shot my love today would you cry for me
I lost my head again would you lie for me
I left her in the sand just a burden in my hand
I lost my head again would you
Quote by rickyy
''Thanks fella's, but I'm not really looking for any groupies at the moment''

Lulz commence.

That is genuine genius right there!
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!
Just youtube Axl Rose rants; he's great at stopping mid song and yelling at people.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
Quote by PastaOfMuppets
Just say "This guy actually got kicked out of this band for being so terrible" or something like that.

do this. what you typed sounded pretty lame to me. and this is simpler and more effective.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
After he and his friends start shouting at you, stop at the end of the song you are playing and say into the crowd, "Hey people, do you see that dude over there? Do you see him? (point at your ex-guitarist) Well, we kicked that idiot out of our band because he is arrogant and never got to rehersals. Now he is here trying to kick our ass because he cant stand that he has failed. In my opinion, that is really poor of him. Who sees this situation like me?"

hope that the crowd agrees with you
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Take Out ur 9 and bust a cap :P lol jk um. get a like some of ur friends to keep an eye on him
dude...just embarrass him.
"hey guys...you see that guy there? He used to be our guitarist until we realised how **** he was...everyone say hi to the little ****er!"
If it's a pretty small venue do you really think they'd dare to do something like that? I mean they'd look pretty silly bottling an unknown local band, seems kind of unfashionable to me -.-
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
how about saying something like "sorry lads the gay bar is next door". Thatll embaress them. Being all riteous doenst work unless the audience knows and likes you. However making a witty comment will bring them on your side and embaress the hecklers.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Do a Bruce Dickinson!!!

Watch:...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bxZ6Lun3Kc
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Page 1 of 2