Well, i tried to search, couldn't find anything, if there is another thread i apologise, i guess i suck at searches

I thought this thread would be useful for people to post sound clips of their finished guitar/pedal/amp projects etc, because i'm sure there are lots of you who'd like to hear the final product, and it could be helpful to people who want to try something similar to get an idea of how it could sound.

I would post something, but i haven't had any chances to work on any mod projects properly yet - lack of time/funds. So its up to you guys and girls
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Good thread idea, it shouldn't die just yet, but I don't have much to post. I'm working on building a semi hollow archtop electric 6 string, but the projects coming along slowly. I'll post when it's done.

Suggestions:
Take peoples mp3s when they post em and put them in your first post, and also put them along with a picture and the creators name. That'd be cool. Also, steal the next post (or 2) after mine so you'll have room for expansion, I'll delete this post if you need

EDIT: If this thread doesn't die, I'll put a link to it in the UG Custom Shop thread, they're similar threads. POST YOUR SOUND CLIPS!
I'll delete my post too, if you need it.

I'd give you soundclips of my slightly modded VJ, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB-1, and wah, but... no sound gear.
^I'm in the same boat, no gear to record. I can record with my digital camera, quality isn't the greatest though.

I'll try to work on some clips of my Hot Rodded VJ and the wah I built.

Cool idea though
yeah, its likely i'll update the first post with a list if anyone posts anything. it doesn't look like deleting posts is necessary, since theres no sound clips :/. i might have to post some clips of my crappy 3w solid state mini amp i built, even though it sounds terrible, just to try to start this thread properly
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

I would do a clip of my Rangemaster, except it actually un-boosts the signal. It's weird. My transistor rates at 79-90 hFe (lower if it's cooler) and it all looks fine inside. I just don't get it. I think the pot's screwed.

But anyway, I've got four builds on the way!

1: Keeley Modded Tubescreamer w/clipping mods.
2: AMZ MOSFET Booster
3: Silicon Fuzz Face
4: Germanium Fuzz Face

I've got my Tubescreamer PCB set out for a 1N4001 and 1N34A in series against a 1N914 on the other side.

The MOSFET booster is the same as the schematic, but it's a great concept for sure - one knob, 25db of true clean gain

The Silicon FF will use a matched pair of BC107A transistors, i'm aiming for a gain of about 130hFe each. I'm also going to use the 47pf smoothing cap across the second transistor, I'm hoping to get a nice hybrid Silicon-Germanium sound out of this one

The Germanium FF will use a pair of AC128 transistors, one rated at 83hFe and the other 105hFe.

I'm looking forward to this
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Last edited by MrCarrot at Sep 26, 2007,
I'll post some stuff up of my modded Crybaby From Hell and my rewound SH-12 bridge pups.

Also thinking about making my own amp soon.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
still none

makes me think theres no mods/builds that have actually worked :P: j/k

sorry to bump, but i think this would be helpful for people...

and a good showcase