Okay so, I'm currently playing an Rg370DX ( Unfortunatly ) However I'm considering saving up a bit and getting a Prestige model.

Just need some advice though, I mean I know they're not the most expensive guitars in the world but it's a fair bit of cash, so I'd just like to know what I'm investing in before I do so

Firstly, the Basswood. I know you guys probably get this a whole lot, but like... Is it good wood? haha. I also own an Sz520FM which is mahogony built, personally I don't like it much, as it seems to lack attack in alot of aspects. For example, if I'm riffing it out it often becomes pretty muddy and feeble so to speak (I know this may be the pickups), but if I'm just thrashing away at some 'power-chords' or playing clean, it sounds pretty good. HOWEVER, if sounds a whole lot better than the basswood on my RG when I crank the amp up, alot full-er sounding.

But I think generally I prefer the Basswood, I just haven't been able to get a decent sound from it when the amp's cranked up. But If I get a better quality model and stick some decent pickups in would this solve the problem?

But yeah, I really like the HSH configuration on the RG, I use the single mixed with the humbucker quite often, gives a nice twangy attack sound. So which RG should I go for, I saw the RG2550E, it seems to do what I would need it to (and looks groovey ), but again I'm not so sure.

All help is appreciated, thanks again.
The RG1570 is the cheapest and best quality/price you can go for. The RG2550E and RG2570E have slightly better pickups and the cosmetics are nicer (inlays and finishes). I'm getting my self an RG2550E cos a 1570 looks too bland for me. So there you have it... the difference in money between the 2550E and 1570E is mainly in the cosmetics. They all share the same kind of quality
SZ is a huge chunk of mahogany, so it's not a surprise that it sounds "full". You'll find that it'll have a deeper sound than most guitars, on par with all-mahogany Les Pauls.

As far as basswood goes, you didn't mention what you were plugging into. Also, the Duncan Ibanez pickups in the SZ are much nicer than the INFs in the 350. Basswood has a rich sound, but it's not something that would give you shattering lows like mahogany does.

With RG Prestige, the 1570 is best value, but if you dig the looks of the 2550, then by all means. It's just as great quality-wise.

What's your amp, and what kinda stuff do you play?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Choose the one you think looks the best. You'll want to change the pickups anyway, and apart from looks and pups, they're all the same (almost)

What kind of amp do you have?
Quote by pifty
SZ is a huge chunk of mahogany, so it's not a surprise that it sounds "full". You'll find that it'll have a deeper sound than most guitars, on par with all-mahogany Les Pauls.

As far as basswood goes, you didn't mention what you were plugging into. Also, the Duncan Ibanez pickups in the SZ are much nicer than the INFs in the 350. Basswood has a rich sound, but it's not something that would give you shattering lows like mahogany does.

With RG Prestige, the 1570 is best value, but if you dig the looks of the 2550, then by all means. It's just as great quality-wise.

What's your amp, and what kinda stuff do you play?

yeppers, agreed basically. basswood is nice wood if you like it, not nice if you don't...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?