So I got a new computer today(well the family did, ha.) and it has Windows Vista on it...problem is, nothing really wants to work on Vista, so is there any way I can uninstall Vista and reinstall XP?

Forgive me, I suck with computers.
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
Last edited by Deja_Vu at Sep 24, 2007,
it will work, everything works for me
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Same here, Vista's actually pretty damn good. The odd things which don't work now will eventually catch up. If you want certain products to work immediately you'll probably be able to download something for it, just search around.
Yeah but that's the thing, my internet wont install on Vista.(im on another computer)
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
everything works good for me,i didnt even have to install my internet i just plug in the modem and it worked right away.
Insert XP disc.
Reboot
Format.
Re-install XP.

Invite all your friends round and have a windows XP party.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
I dont mean to be rude, but how do you 'install' the internet?

Vista is great, I have it on my laptop and desktop, everything works fine from ableton live to adobe premiere to the original Project IGI game (2001).

You shouldn't have a problem, make sure you have the latest drivers for whatever hardware your using.
Gibson Les Paul Studio // BKP Nailbombs
Dean Performer Key Largo

Marshall JVM215C
Fulltone Octafuzz
Dunlop ZW-Wah
Quote by JEEtoP
I dont mean to be rude, but how do you 'install' the internet?

Vista is great, I have it on my laptop and desktop, everything works fine from ableton live to adobe premiere to the original Project IGI game (2001).

You shouldn't have a problem, make sure you have the latest drivers for whatever hardware your using.

Project IGI is a great game!!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Ferrarone
Project IGI is a great game!!

Damn Straight!
Gibson Les Paul Studio // BKP Nailbombs
Dean Performer Key Largo

Marshall JVM215C
Fulltone Octafuzz
Dunlop ZW-Wah
I have vista too, and apart from the odd thing its a pretty decent system, much better then what people make it out to be
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Quote by crzywhiteboy
everything works good for me,i didnt even have to install my internet i just plug in the modem and it worked right away.

thats exactly what happened to me, i was like why the **** isnt this installation cd working grrrr, then i just click the firefox icon and it worked and i was like oh yeah, vista
Quote by steee21
The security on Vista is way over the top.

That is true, i tried to install stuff and i was adminitsrator and it kept saying log in as admin even tho i was. so the only way to instal stuff was to turn off that user account control then everythin was grand
It uses far far too much of window's resources. It is not efficient programming.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by steee21
The security on Vista is way over the top.

You're joking right? Looking at XP its obviously a good move. Its a compromise you have to pay.

Its not inefficient programming, its just new so stuff like drivers and hardware will have to catch up. If you're having problems with resources, disable graphical elements or something. Its most likely the fact that you're trying to run it on an outdated system.

I admit it doesn't come close to most Linux distros but its a step up from XP.

Just bear with it guys... I've had it more or less since day one and now it runs perfect and I don't have anything I haven't been able to set up. If you still have compatibility issues then try compatability settings or download updates.

I wouldnt ever recommend downgrading to XP on a modern PC. You'll likely wipe the recovery partition or the MBR if you're not careful and then you wont be able to recover Vista or repair it if you have problems.
Didn't vista have a bug with the voice command system where you could "accidentally" format your C drive
i have vista as well, i don't really like it because it's not compatible with all software, but the security and other features are winning me over. don't try to dual boot if any of you were thinking about it, it'll only work if vista was not the first OS on the computer.

but let's step back and ask what exactly you mean by install the internet? how are you connecting? wireless or hardwire? what program are you using to access the internet? I assume Internet Explorer to start off, right?
Quote by Deja_Vu
Yeah but that's the thing, my internet wont install on Vista.(im on another computer)

If its Firefox, it will work.

If its not, download Firefox immediately.