Your First Time Performing Thread

So what was your first time performing for an audience like? If you've been in a band and have performed for an audience tell us what it was like. I'm sure a lot of us want to know. How did you get the gig in the first place? How did the gig turn out? What went wrong/right. Did anyone die? You get where i'm going with this.
Last edited by Thud at Sep 24, 2007,
Everyone is going to come here expecting a thread about sex, I hope you realise.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Everyone is going to come here expecting a thread about sex, I hope you realise.

Haha yeah. I figured it would happen. But as it is, that's not what I'm asking.
Quote by break-me-in

thats what i thought it was.
always always ALWAYS have a spare guitar!!!!
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
No matter how good you think your first time goes, there's so much to learn, and you're so inexperianced that the next time will be even better...
Quote by break-me-in
Everyone is going to come here demanding a thread about sex, I hope you realise.

fixed
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Well ok my first gig was a school thing. We came 2nd in a very close battle of the bands and so despite our position we were allowed to play in the winner's showcase. We only got one song, the one we'd entered. That was Wild Thing because we'd had no time to rehearse and could just have fun with that one. Myself (bass) and the drummer added our own touches because the original can get dull to play (drum fills, sliding up the neck, octave shapes).

No-one died. There wasn't too much enthusiasm considering the audience was mainly parents, but it went down well enough.

EDIT: You changed the damn format. I'm not giving you 9 stories now.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
First gig came when I was about ten. Me and a few mates were on a school trip out in Wales, we all played and when we noticed there were a few guitars, amps and a drum kit in the hall where we were staying - one of us decided it would be a good idea to do a gig at our... sigh... disco. We played two songs - one that had three chords and something by Sum 41 (it was good at the time, apparently) which broke down after 25 seconds. My drummer mate also took the liberty of turning off the bassists amp completely, because he was ****e. Never knew.

My first real gig was a charity thing for a small local school, out in the middle of nowhere, but the stage was pretty sweet and we had a sound tech for the first time. I solo'd like crazy that night and everything went really well. Even ended up getting paid. At a charity gig. *cough*