Is there one?

I searched but couldn't find a bass version.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Yes, there is indeed one.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
you must not have searched hard enough!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
There's been quite a few attempts I think, all have died and sunk to the depths of the bass forum.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I did try

I just got the guitar one. Sorry.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by sammcl-15
Is there one?

I searched but couldn't find a bass version.

There shouldn't be one because every venue has different accoustics therefore you need different settings each venue.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
There shouldn't be one because every venue has different accoustics therefore you need different settings each venue.

I think he means using the threa din order to obtain a particular tone, but you're right John, any bassist worth his/her salt will know that you have to alter your tone and setting based on the venue - it just the TS wanted to use it to get a general tone that can be altered based on the venue. I think anyways...
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by John Swift

I agree with Felkara. But I'm going to expand.

Yes, you have experience as a gigging bassist. However, most people on here aren't, and many are starting bassists looking for a heads-up on how to acheive a certain tone. It's a good idea for a thread, because it'll help people form their tone, and maybe get them to create their own tone. Other people just want to sound more like their favourite bassist.

Totally disregarding a thread like this is, to be honest, is quite arrogant. It's successful in the guitar forum, by all means it should be a successful thread in this one too.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I agree with Felkara. But I'm going to expand.

Yes, you have experience as a gigging bassist. However, most people on here aren't, and many are starting bassists looking for a heads-up on how to acheive a certain tone. It's a good idea for a thread, because it'll help people form their tone, and maybe get them to create their own tone. Other people just want to sound more like their favourite bassist.

Totally disregarding a thread like this is, to be honest, is quite arrogant. It's successful in the guitar forum, by all means it should be a successful thread in this one too.

There is no intention to sound arrogant sorry if it came over as such.
Very few people on this forum have gear that is identical to anyone elses ie Basses amps/heads combos and so on.
My advice is get a drum machine to play loud while experiment with settings, because what sounds good on its own will very rarely cut through in full band.
At the end of the day use your own ears because if you don't have the same gear as your idol you will never get his/her sound and also remember many top musos use instruments and amps that have been specialy tailored to their requirements.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
There is no intention to sound arrogant sorry if it came over as such.
Very few people on this forum have gear that is identical to anyone elses ie Basses amps/heads combos and so on.
My advice is get a drum machine to play loud while experiment with settings, because what sounds good on its own will very rarely cut through in full band.
At the end of the day use your own ears because if you don't have the same gear as your idol you will never get his/her sound and also remember many top musos use instruments and amps that have been specialy tailored to their requirements.

But by using a GENERAL idea of what EQs go well within situations will allow someone to tailor their sound, using the EQs given as a basis. I do agree with the point that equipment varies, but this has the advantage of allowing someone to get that unique tone they want, and so forth.