Page 1 of 2
I've noticed many of you are in the UK, but I'm over here in the US where Absinthe is not legal. Just had it for the first time on Saturday and wow- cannot believe you guys can buy that stuff in stores! haha.

Any Absinthe stories/experiences??

Think it should be legal in the US?
It's not as good as everyone thinks.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by auditorylove
I loved it. I think I love any drink that involves fire in the preparation haha.

I was talking about how people hear all about it making people "hallucinate", when, in reality, it doesn't. At least not nowadays.

The amount of wormwood in it, which is what would cause the visions, is so small that you'd be dead before you saw anything.
My style is impetuous.
I want your heart.

-Mike Tyson
Absinthe you buy from shops is likely to contain about as much wormwood (the ingredient that gives Absinthe it's supposed hallucinogenic effectS) as my left nut.

For the record, nobody sucking on my left nut has ever reported any hallucinations that you can't normally get from a suitable number of double vodka shots. Sorry.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
It's hard to come by here. You can get it in Edinburgh quite easily when I went there.

I love it. Straight or prepared, but I generally do like aniseed and the burn!
Yeah it doesn't make you trip. It gets you really fuckin' drunk.

Technically it's legal to have in the states BUT illegal to export from other countries.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by Caustic
Absinthe you buy from shops is likely to contain about as much wormwood (the ingredient that gives Absinthe it's supposed hallucinogenic effectS) as my left nut.

For the record, nobody sucking on my left nut has ever reported any hallucinations that you can't normally get from a suitable number of double vodka shots. Sorry.

Yeah no hallucinogenic effect for me, just a slight high. It's not the wormwood that's supposed to do it;
"It is also thought that the use of cheaper industrial alcohol and poor distillation technique by the manufacturers of cheaper brands resulted in contamination with methanol, fusel alcohol, and similar unwanted distillates. This addition of toxic chemicals is likely to have contributed to absinthe's reputation as a hallucination-inducing or otherwise harmful beverage."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe
Quote by GNiCk89
Yeah it doesn't make you trip. It gets you really fuckin' drunk.

Technically it's legal to have in the states BUT illegal to export from other countries.

and its illegeal to distill ANY alcohol without a ATF liscence.
Quote by auditorylove
YIt's not the wormwood that's supposed to do it;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

"Although a hallucinogen, its use has been claimed to remedy indigestion and gastric pain, it acts as an antiseptic, and as a febrifuge." Says Wormwoods Wiki article. So it does have hallucinogenic effects. Though obviously not in Absinthe, which contains little to none of it.

Personally I find Absinthe a horrible tasting drink, though. To each their own.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
99.9% of Absinthe sold in stores is "fake". Not so much that it's actually fake but the legal quanitity of wormwood allowed (the psychoactive ingredient) is too small to get any effect from.

Oh, and 99.9% of threads on Absinthe will contain some tool claiming to have had the real stuff while in all likelihood they are only fooling themselves... 3... 2... 1...

Solution: Buy acid, place acid in your beer. There you go, modern day absinthe, enjoy.
Quote by Caustic
"Although a hallucinogen, its use has been claimed to remedy indigestion and gastric pain, it acts as an antiseptic, and as a febrifuge." Says Wormwoods Wiki article. So it does have hallucinogenic effects. Though obviously not in Absinthe, which contains little to none of it.

Personally I find Absinthe a horrible tasting drink, though. To each their own.

Yeah wormwood is definately a hallucinogen, but they use such a small amount in Absinthe it doesn't have nearly that same effect. Wormwood is lethal to drink alone I think, but I was too lazy to check the wiki article on it

Absinthe is disgusting. Maybe someone who likes black licorice would like it.
Quote by krims0n
Solution: Buy acid, place acid in your beer. There you go, modern day absinthe, enjoy.

Not as fun when you don't know that the acid is in your beer...........fuckin' pricks.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by auditorylove
Yeah wormwood is definately a hallucinogen, but they use such a small amount in Absinthe it doesn't have nearly that same effect. Wormwood is lethal to drink alone I think, but I was too lazy to check the wiki article on it

Absinthe is disgusting. Maybe someone who likes black licorice would like it.

Of course there isn't, they're not allowed to put much in it because of it's effects!

Maybe someone who likes licking the floors of cinemas after a double showing of Toy Story would enjoy it.
Quote by walidb123
"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not.Finally you see things as they really are, which is the most horrible thing in the world." - Oscar Wilde on absinthe.

ownage.

pure absinthey pwnage.

That was many, many, many years ago.

If you think it's still the same as it was, you're wrong.
My style is impetuous.
I want your heart.

-Mike Tyson
lol first time i tried it was in austria and i was smashed

then i tried it the other night for the second time
took a huuuuuge gulp along with several beers and nothing

wierd

best stuff i had was like 85% lol can't remember what it was, it was in a pub and i was already gone by that point
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Absinthe only makes me think of snowboarding videos .

Ah well, I thought

fire in the preparation

Said fire in the penetration.

Hmm.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Absinthe isn't legal in america? Oh man, you're missing out! I do like my absinthe, you can buy it in little test tubes in corner shops here.
We got some from Chezch.

Pretty awful tasting, more of a ritual than anything else.

And a cheap way of getting drunk before a night out.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Absinthe isn't legal in america? Oh man, you're missing out! I do like my absinthe, you can buy it in little test tubes in corner shops here.

Nope, not for the past 100 years or so. Mine was smuggled in from England.. no idea how
Quote by walidb123
if you say so...

Oscar Wilde lived over a hundred years ago.

Absinthe doesn't contain the same ingredients anymore, and bottles of absinthe from that era are illegal in any country.

You "absinthey pwnage" of this thread was a flop. Get back in the toolbox.
My style is impetuous.
I want your heart.

-Mike Tyson
I saw a bottle of cannabis absinthe in a little supermarket in spain.
I go to amsterdam and drink absinthe and hoegaarden and smoke weed at the green house effect bar then get dutch pancakes. Problem is a 4 day holiday feels like 1 day.
Quote by IlikeTheSKA

Absinthe doesn't contain the same ingredients anymore, and bottles of absinthe from that era are illegal in any country.

calm your ass down dude. jeez...

It was just a quote, no need to get all Chris Crocker on me man. I think we all need a shot of absinthe now.
Quote by IlikeTheSKA

Chill out dude, go listen to John Doe, and sort things out with your wiener
Page 1 of 2