heya

my bro is getting a Bass amp finally, and we cant decide wether the

Fender Rumble 25 or Hartke B300

The Rumble is more expensive by around 50$

Ofcourse ill try both on the shop, but still more experience on this amps and info, reviews will be helpful.. cuz my mom isnt gonna buy him a new Amp for the next 2 weeks or so...

Thanks!
Sorry to say it will be money down the drain because in a few months you will remember that I told you that it only has a 10" speaker, these toy amps will not stand up when played along side other amplified instruments.
Try something better/bigger (more watts) second hand.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
He's right. Neither of those will be loud enough if you want to jam.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
bah..thats the same answer u r getting here all the time..

nothing is good enough for u, u think I wouldn't buy a better one If I could?!

200$ are lots of money, donnu about u rich u guys..

Just answer my question!
Between those two, which one is better and louder/stronger ?
Quote by Guruda
bah..thats the same answer u r getting here all the time..
nothing is good enough for u, u think I wouldn't buy a better one If I could?!
200$ are lots of money, donnu about u rich u guys..
Just answer my question!
Between those two, which one is better and louder/stronger ?

People can only answer as they find, I know you would like a top of the range set-up but in reality 15" on its own is ok but single 10s and 12s will struggle in a live band situation.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Yeah I agree with Mr Swift. There's little point getting a mid size practice amp and then complaining that it's not loud enough if he wants to gig soon. I think you should save more money then get something that's at least 75watts.

Buuut... if I have to choose I'd definetely take the Hartke over the fender.
signature
finally a specificly reply :P

The problem is, 100w is ****ing expensive..

and he's not going to GIG anytime soon, he just began (2-3 months ago)

I have an MG15 and its ****ing strong when u put it on MAX vol, so cut the BS.
if he'll have a Hartke 30/ Rumble 25, it might be strong enough for being able to Jam with me.. am I right?
and we're not Metalists so..much less noisy than most of u guys ^_^
Quote by Guruda

if he'll have a Hartke 30/ Rumble 25, it might be strong enough for being able to Jam with me.. am I right?

Why isn't he going to gig anytime soon? I got my first Bass on Saturday and gigged the following Friday, ok I'd played second guitar for a short while but we intended to gig not just sit around in the rehearsal room.
We played anywhere that we could youth clubs etc. Its not BS it's the truth, I've said it before on this forum we worked and played so hard that in six short months we were considered good enogh to support the 'Beatles' we lost the gig on the flip of a coin and that is not BS, what I'm saying is get out and gig that is where you learn to play, you learn the songs in rehearsal you learn to play on stage.
Finaly there is no substitute for Watts on Bass.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by Guruda

First of all, relax. Have some respect for people like John Swift who simply know what they're talking about. Second of all, bass amplification is nothing like guitar amplification, so it's bloody irrelevant what your MG15 does. Have you ever heard of headroom?

Usually a bass player needs 4x the wattage a guitar player does, but at this level, I don't think it makes a difference.

Finally, I don't know why everyone thinks your brother's going to use the amp to go on a world tour - it was pretty clear to me he wants it for practice. My first bass amp was a Fender Rumble 15. I hate it. The knobs break, the speaker flaps. I hate Fender Rumbles. I'd go with the Harkte because it has 5 more watts and at this level, there's no such thing as something totally and utterly amazing.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Sep 25, 2007,
Im not mad, I meant Specific reply as a reply that helped for the choise.

so yes I think we'll go for the Hartke, I heard good things about their BASS Product.