Thats the message I get when I try to record. It's weird because yesterday It recorded fine, my computer hasn't been touched since now, it'll play previously saved audacity files, but it refuses to record new ones. I noticed though that the mixer toolerbar has gone where you select what input you want to record from.

Anyone have any solutions? Please
Set everything to default. Then try every single input and output. I had the same problem and this seemed to work.

If all else fails, uninstall then reinstall and then try every input/output again.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I tried the unistall re-install first, didn't seem to change anything.

I've got the mixer toolbar back, but it won't let me select an input.
Oh and everything was already set to default because I just plugged in and recorded, any way I can make sure it's on default though?
Edit -> Preferences

Check nothing's weird.

But if what I've suggested doesn't help, I'm clueless. Sorry.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
WTF!

Right so I ****ed around with the settings, got pissed off, restarted my computer.

Now it works but the record button has been moved to a weird place o.O
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
WTF!

Right so I ****ed around with the settings, got pissed off, restarted my computer.

Now it works but the record button has been moved to a weird place o.O

Hey, be happy. It works, after all.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT