Is a car or van a good investment if you do, say, six gigs a year?
I'd invest in a pickup truck with at least a 6 foot bed, preferrably 8. Then I'd get a fiberglass cap for it. That should make it much easier to haul.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
It may be a better idea to rent a van or something, if you only use it 6 times a year. I would only buy a van if you're gigging weekly, really.
Quote by Ki'
Is a car or van a good investment if you do, say, six gigs a year?

How come you only do six gigs a year? in the 60s we sometimes did six gigs a week, Sept, Oct, November 63 we played 62 gigs.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
How come you only do six gigs a year? in the 60s we sometimes did six gigs a week, Sept, Oct, November 63 we played 62 gigs.

My God! Did you do gigs during gigs or something!?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz

No that was 62 gigs in 92 days, my daytime job was 59.5 hours a week.
Our drummer has most of the dates listed that we did although we know some are missing.
We were around in the Golden Age of popular music when it all took off I wouldn't trade it for anything, (except for a date with Anarkee maybe).
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by thefitz

Now there's an idea... XD
Rent one. Unless you get one cheap and/or use it as your primary car anyway it won't be worth it.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
an enclosed trailer might be a better option. trucks with camper shells offer very little security against vandalism. a good used van would be the best bet. vans with no windows, and no band markings are the best. a painted band van or trailer, is a target for thieves.