I know it's in standard tuning, I know how to play everything correctly, but it sounds nothing like the studio. It sounds like a different tuning and weird way of distortion. Any help on how to make it sound at least close?
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
it sounds fine when i play it on an acoustic, so i dont think it has a weird effect or anything.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by Guitar0player
Maybe the solo tabs were wrong?

It's not just the solo's. It's the riff sometimes sounds noticeably different.
I think your intonation may be jacked up?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Like when I play along with it, it sounds like a different tuning.
Maybe they didn't tune their guitars in 440Hz. Metallica didn't on Ride The Lightning (don't know about any others), although they were playing in standard.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
in the chorus, i tend to drop the lowest not and play 2 note power chords. it keeps it sounding brighter and cleaner.
ur just not as good as i am....... hehe. but in all seriousness, maybe ur tuning is messed up and u dont realize it? or, if ur iq is higher than 10 then its prob ur intonation
Quote by gnrlover1
ur just not as good as i am....... hehe. but in all seriousness, maybe ur tuning is messed up and u dont realize it? or, if ur iq is higher than 10 then its prob ur intonation

or, if you had a high enough iq, you would realize that the lowest score you can get on an iq test is 40...
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
...a scored by George W Bush.

TS, as far as I'm aware the song is bang on standard tuning - maybe your tab's wrong?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I just fiddled with amp settings, it sounds fine now. I had to fix some of the solo tabs though, bah. It's all good.
I heard it was a half step down once.
I don't know if it is true.
I use the tabs from the guitar world magazine
or, if you had a high enough iq, you would realize that the lowest score you can get on an iq test is 40...

not true cos iq's test intelligence and not knowledge u idiot. anyway, it wasnt meant literally.
i get the same problem when i play. idk wtf is up with it. i know the last solo is doubled up with anothe guitar harmonised one octave up, but even the verses and stuff sound crap. i know wat u mean, it happens to me and i always try to keep my guitars well set up
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid