okay so ive decided i want a guitar with a floyd rose after playing solid bridge guitars since i started...

i dont have that much to spend, around £200 ($400) and i play metal, judas priest, metallica etc. i know its not much but whats the best guitar i can get for my money? not too bothered about looks...

thanks!
Schecter Damien FR. Perfect.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
if i wanted to order from america (i live in UK) would i have to pay import fees?
Any Floyd Rose you get at that price range is gonna be crap. Go hard-tail, or look used for a guitar equipped with an Original Floyd Rose trem. No Licensed Floyds.
Cheap metal, bad tolerances. Wear out quickly, go out of tune easily.
ibanez s470? (sorry i don't know the price)
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
Quote by noobme
ibanez s470? (sorry i don't know the price)

Cheapest in the UK is about £320, which is pretty good, but way overbudget for the TS.
Ibanez RG4EXQM1.

Its roughly £225 for you (its $450 american)
comes with an Edge trem that stays in perfect tuning.
i fully reccomend this UNLESS you plan on playing in low low tunings (drop c and below)
because it will NOT hold that lose of a tuning for reasons im not quite sure of.

otherwise, if ur going anywhere from standard to d standard then i 100% reccommend it.
you'll end up wanting a pup switch in the future since the infinities are kinda whack, but
it wont bother u for a few months ^_^
Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP at Sep 25, 2007,
Quote by Adz2706
if i wanted to order from america (i live in UK) would i have to pay import fees?

Can't say for absolute sure, but my guess would be YES! Anytime you cross an international border the government always wants their share. (that's oversimplified but holds true most of the time). I would guess in the UK to order formt he US you are going to be looking at soem kind of import duty as well as your normal sales tax and VAT. Having someone try and declare an expensive item as a gift to get past customs without taxes is a good way to get one or both of you fined or in prison.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
Ibanez RG4EXQM1.

Its roughly £225 for you (its $450 american)
comes with an Edge trem that stays in perfect tuning.
i fully reccomend this UNLESS you plan on playing in low low tunings (drop c and below)
because it will NOT hold that lose of a tuning for reasons im not quite sure of.

otherwise, if ur going anywhere from standard to d standard then i 100% reccommend it.
you'll end up wanting a pup switch in the future since the infinities are kinda whack, but
it wont bother u for a few months ^_^

The Edge Pro III is not that nice, I'm not saying it's horrid, but than again it will wear out a lot quicker than a quality trem.

Also, keep in mind that a 450 dollar guitar will also need shipping and quite possibly you'll have to pay taxes as well, making a cheap guitar, well, not so cheap.

I'd recommend checking out the Guitarampkeyboardcenter and Guitarguitar; both are British and their prices are quite good. Earlier in the thread someone suggested the Ibanez RG321 and I'd have to second that. With your budget getting a guitar with a quality trem is going to be near impossible and most people who want a tremolo only need a couple of months to realise that a hardtail would have been a better decision...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!