Course
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
well, not always... i tried going from .13s to .11s and there was so much tension i couldn't tune past C standard without breaking strings.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Absolutely.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
You guys are blowing me away....13's ? Damn!! And I thought my .11's on my hardtail tore up my fingers! Nothing but respect if this is on a hardtail.

Chris
Shouldn't be a problem.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I know what you mean... I tried Acoustic 12's in Standard... can you say OW??! I had at least 1 CM of action and a neck that literally started to twist sideways...

.012" gauge strings are the NORM for acoustic guitars. .009" and .010" are considered normal for electrics. These are average gauges that the majority of guitars come equipped with. You can go up/down from there based on personal preference/playing style. If you go too far, set-up's are in order. Say your guitar came with .009's on it, and you want to try out a set of .011's, you might need to re-intonate it and also possibly widen the nuts slots to fit the heavier gauge strings. The neck relief may also need to be tweaked.
If you have a standard size dreadnaught, and it has .012's on it, that's considered normal.
Quote by bite_the_bullet
well, not always... i tried going from .13s to .11s and there was so much tension i couldn't tune past C standard without breaking strings.

That makes absolutely no sense. Lower gauges have LESS tension.
Quote by Blaster Bob

He probably had the strings so tight he had it tuned up an octive. I had my lutherier change my strings and do a "tune up" on my Peavey HP Signature. He had one string so tight that it was reading on my Korg as almost tuned but never could get it right until I realized it was super-duper tight. I came down....way down and finally saw the problem and solved it. I'm lucky I didn't snap that string.

Just a guess.

Chris
Quote by Blaster Bob

Thats what I was thinking............
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by RCShadow
He probably had the strings so tight he had it tuned up an octive. I had my lutherier change my strings and do a "tune up" on my Peavey HP Signature. He had one string so tight that it was reading on my Korg as almost tuned but never could get it right until I realized it was super-duper tight. I came down....way down and finally saw the problem and solved it. I'm lucky I didn't snap that string.

Just a guess.

Chris

He's obviously not a very good luthier if he does that sorta thing.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
He's obviously not a very good luthier if he does that sorta thing.

Yes. When I got home and found the problem, I was disappointed .