So far I've come up with this list, what I mean by good electric guitar sound, is everything before the amp.

So I got this...

The Pickups: Single Coils = Bright, Humbuckers = Warm, Correct? What others are there?

The Strings: These got to be doing something, what can I do to my strings to make my guitar sound better?

The pick: I heard if you play having the pick backwards, it sounds warmer, true?

what are other things that make the guitar sound better? basicly, to some extent, what makes a Telecaster better then a squire? I mean, couldn't you just replace the pickups on the squire or something? :S
Body Wood!

Bridge design and metal, and sometimes just randomness.
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
The way you approach it.

Take Joe Perry for example, his tone sounds the exact same on a Les Paul than it does on a Strat or Tele. So if you can make an LP sound like a Strat, it's all in your hands.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
alot of the time it's just opinion. one person may think a thousand pound gibson sounds like heaven..but his friend might prefer a cheap japanese copy...

personally he should be shot, but thats jsut how music is, its personal preference. depends how you use said guitar too
the amp is a big part. you can make a good guitar sound terrible on a bad amp and a bad guitar sound good on a good amp

also, new strings sound better than old (a little) but mostly it makes it feel better so you are going to play better because you arent pissed about how your stings feel (at least thats how it works for me)
they call og or nothing at all!!
Wood quality. crappy wood, such as Basswood and Agathis and Nato, sound much worse than Maple and Alder and Mahogany.

EVH boiled his strings out of the package, but it rly is something u should do if u can get a new set every 2 weeks or so maybe. theyll rust. If u string em right, keep em clean, and not beat on em like crazy, theyll sound better, stay nice longer, and will stay in tune longer.

A Strat made of Mahogany is gonna sound warm compared to a Les Paul made of Alder or Maple. This goes back to wood quality, but as a basic rule, singles normally are brighter and thinner-sounding tha Humbuckers.

Fingers sound so much warmer than a pick, but not as defined. I use both.
Quote by qotsa1998
Wood quality. crappy wood, such as Basswood and Agathis and Nato, sound much worse than Maple and Alder and Mahogany.

EVH boiled his strings out of the package, but it rly is something u should do if u can get a new set every 2 weeks or so maybe. theyll rust. If u string em right, keep em clean, and not beat on em like crazy, theyll sound better, stay nice longer, and will stay in tune longer.

A Strat made of Mahogany is gonna sound warm compared to a Les Paul made of Alder or Maple. This goes back to wood quality, but as a basic rule, singles normally are brighter and thinner-sounding tha Humbuckers.

Fingers sound so much warmer than a pick, but not as defined. I use both.

Basswood not crappy. steve vai's tone and satch's tone are some of the greatest tones and they use basswood, so no bashing torwards that wood
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI