A search would indicate that the ZR tremolos are in fact very fine. Very fine indeed.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
ahh awesome, thanks man. Now i just gotta see what GC has this guitar in stock. thanks again!
LOL
It's really remarkable how easy one can influence somebody's decision here.
Quote by Barkeeper
It's really remarkable how easy one can influence somebody's decision here.

Well of course I'm going to try out the guitar. The only reason being, it fits my price range. I need a new amp with the guitar also..Strat is a option for me to
LOL
Simply put, they are awesome. Best it has ever been my pleasure to play/own.
never had any kind of trem at all, so I'm guessing its gonna be good and bad. thanks for the tip
LOL
In the immortal words of daffy duck: "supoib"
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
If you're used to a Floyd style system, the ZR can get some getting used to. but apart from the range and feel, it is a completely solid trem system.
They're damn perfect. Even a relative noob at guitar like me found it very easy to tune up and mess with.
Actually, I would strongly recommend against them. If you have one that isnt right, then it can be a real pain to play with. Ive played through 3 in my life. The one that was set up perfectly was eh to me.
The other two had some problems including:
Not very responsive at all!
Shaky, jittery trem (Ball bearings loose?)
Wouldnt come back up to tune (always came up a bit flat)
Trem bar wouldnt stay in the hole... it doesnt screw in

I find it eh. Its personal preference, and from what Ive seen and played, its love/hate
i've played at least 10 different S470s and the trems were all perfect. you seem to have found a bad batch, were they used?
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD