They're awesome for the price. I have a les paul copy by them ($300), and i use it about the same amount of time as i do my jackson kelly with EMG 81/85, which sounds great (about $600-700). The stock pickups are nice, they have a good warm tone to them and can do many styles. Everything from blue to metal. They play great and look nice too.
$300? wow. that's 1 overpriced jay turser. :p
Quote by JackFlash19
A musician will work through bad gigs, rough relationships with bandmates, disagreements, and the like to further the success of the band.
I have two Jay Tursers the Warlord and a Flying V. The Warlord has a set neck and cost me about $225.00 IMHO it's well worth the price it's an awesome guitar. The Flying V really thru me it was $100.00 brand new thru Ebay. It has a bolt on neck and is pretty tight. I was amazed at the sound and how well the neck feels and plays. I have tried a few other JT guitars at the guitar show and a few of my friends all commented on how much they liked them. Most of them never even heard of JT.

John
dang i wish i cood find a superdeal like thAT...
if any1 finds one let me kno
what should i get...
a jay turser flying v or something. (bout $170)
or
a sx scorpion (bout $110)
I used to own two, a PRS copy and a Wolfgang copy. they were both great guitars for the money. the Wolfgang copy played extremely well, with a solid quality floyd on it. I ended up selling them to fund some other gear. but I wouldn't be opposed to getting one again in the future if the price was right.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
I'm also now curious about these guitars. If they're as cheap as you say and still good.....

I need to start looking at some of these....

EDIT: The JT-45 caught my eye. Any word on that model? Seems cheap enough to modify to where I want it, if nothing else....
Last edited by Wulver at Sep 24, 2007,
theyve got a few solid guitars for the price.....but its like buying a higher end squier or lower end fender imo
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by the boogieman
theyve got a few solid guitars for the price.....but its like buying a higher end squier or lower end fender imo

+1

Jay Tursers are quite alright for their price since they're pretty cheap, but you get what you paid for.

My friend has a Jay Turser (doesn't use it anymore now that he has an LTD EC-1000SVB) and it doesn't have totally bad problems.

the finish started chipping easily, and the pups give a painfully loud feedback when turned up louder (which can be easily fixed by a Noise Suppressor pedal which ALL metal musicians should own anyway....) and having his volume knob at 10.

like i said, nothing bad, and u get what u paid for.

i personally don't reccommend them, but yeah.
its all opinion of the musician.
they're nothing special, seem really low end to me

but then again, i've only played a few of them, i suposse they have higher end models
i believe Jay Turser makes some very high end acoustics, but i dont remember, i remember seeing the Jay Turser name on some nice looking ones.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
i believe Jay Turser makes some very high end acoustics, but i dont remember, i remember seeing the Jay Turser name on some nice looking ones.

i've seen some cool looking jay turser guitars (never played then though) like the jt-res(which has a piezo pickup)

or some really stupid ones like the jt-shark

and i think they also have some kind of 12 string SG knock off
I've got a Jay Turser SG clone (I'm not sure what model exactly, it doesn't look like any on their website). For $250CAD it's a pretty decent guitar, all I've had to do so far with it was sand the gloss coat off the neck. Eventually I'm gonna swap the pick-ups for an EMG 85 or 81 in the bridge and an EMG HA in the neck. It looks mint, it sounds pretty good and really, I can't think of anything bad to say about it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by the boogieman

Well, a high-end Squier can be a pretty decent guitar for the money, right?

I've been checking up on the reviews on Harmony-Central, and these things are generally quite good. May have found another option to rethink.....so much for making an easy decision....
Quote by Wulver
Well, a high-end Squier can be a pretty decent guitar for the money, right?

I've been checking up on the reviews on Harmony-Central, and these things are generally quite good. May have found another option to rethink.....so much for making an easy decision....

if your gunna think about higher end squier you may also wanna consider the mim fenders

itd be best to just compile a list and play the ones available to you
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
they vary, I played a flying V that was okay.. but it was put to shame by another V knock-off at the same price in the store.